Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were crying out for experience in the middle once it went 1-1. Today was Englands 1st true test of the tournament and yet again we still weren't good enough. Croatia were very average but yet far much re composed and calm than England.

We need a team of players who can utilise our best player (kane) much better than we have. Fingers crossed Southgate steps down and we bring in someone who wants England to play with fluidity and telepathy. Today's game was a completely late repeat of all the other clueless performances where we get knocked out.

I don't give a toss what Sky sports tells you to think (England were amazing in this WC). When push came to shove,same old story. Crap.
    .. and the cycle continues. Sky didn't even have the rights.

Fortunately the press (for the first time) tomorrow will be unified in their respect and look to the future.

I guess someone had to carry "the flame".

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      .. and the cycle continues.
      AGREED. Yet as we know know Sky sports HAVE invented Football,it did not exist until The EPL came along and this is the result.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      .. and the cycle continues. Sky didn't even have the rights.

Fortunately the press (for the first time) tomorrow will be unified in their respect and look to the future.

I guess someone had to carry "the flame".
      Everyone has got way too carried away with our performance in this WC. To put this into perspective our most crucial result was losing to Belgium.

2 Not allowed!
      What a wonderful few weeks it's been.

Zero expectation and apathy towards our national side replaced by real hope and excitement watching England once more. In short, I've fallen back in love with our country. Thank you Southgate, Holland and the fearless pride of young talents - come on home to your deserved heroes welcome, we'll be waiting
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      We were crying out for experience in the middle once it went 1-1. Today was Englands 1st true test of the tournament and yet again we still weren't good enough. Croatia were very average but yet far much more composed and calm than England as always.

We need a team of players who can utilise our best player (kane) much better than we have. Fingers crossed Southgate steps down and we bring in someone who wants England to play with fluidity and telepathy. Today's game was a complete repeat of all the other clueless performances where we get knocked out.

I don't give a toss what Sky sports tells you to think (England were amazing in this WC). When push came to shove,same old story. Crap.
      Yawn (so technically, I didn't bite!)
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Everyone has got way too carried away with our performance in this WC.
      If you simply concentrate on the game which unfortunately hasn't been the problem for years. Fortunately some of us are bit more intelligent and no-one has been saying this team are brilliant.

I suggest you watch the recent documentary about England Managers.

Hoddle, Sven, Fat Sam all targeted by the press. Taylor and Robson before. Players too, even Gazza in 96. In the build up to this one the press were after Sterling.

Certain managers have also treated players like children.

It's all led to a fear of failure within the group as many players have expressed.

This WC was different. Players made a mistake, get up move on. They've also reconnected with the fans in the way they do at their club.

They have played as a team, there is a togetherness. They respect the manager and he respects them. Even the most cynical has to see that. It's the Hughton effect.

In all a massive leap forward that transcends the defeat tonight. We are never going to be the best team in the world, but most that stopped us being the best we can has been removed.

I'm proud and looking forward to Euros.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      Where England are now reminds me of where British tennis was with Henman and Rusedski. Both broke through into new ground, both troubled the best but neither was quite good enough. Nevertheless, they showed the way for Murray and the Davis Cup team and gave the fans belief.

We have a great crop of kids coming through and I think Gareth can continue helping this side to progress. I might even start watching England friendlies again.
      This all day long for me.

Southgate nailed it when he said tonight...“We are where we are”.

Without listing all the reasons, I believe we're in good hands with this manager and this young set of players. They've all still got a way to go, but for once I can see a bright future with this set up.

I'm really proud with everything we've achieved at this tournament and can take loads of positives from it.
      They hang the man and flog the woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      Yet let the greater villain loose
      That steals the common from the goose
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      It's amazing the difference a penalty shootout can make, given that they are just a toss of the coin. If England had gone out against Colombia, it would have been, well, we thrashed Panama, beat Tunisia in the last moments and lost to Belgium and went out on penalties as we always do. A whole different outcome because of one save.
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      It's amazing the difference a penalty shootout can make, given that they are just a toss of the coin. If England had gone out against Colombia, it would have been, well, we thrashed Panama, beat Tunisia in the last moments and lost to Belgium and went out on penalties as we always do. A whole different outcome because of one save.
      Makes you realise what a funny old game football is really. Such fine margins
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN41Albion View Post
      Makes you realise what a funny old game football is really. Such fine margins
      Indeed. Just ask Senegal.
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.