Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hold you heads high lads

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn’t quite happen tonight - Croatia’s tactics of pressing the defence worked but what a great tournement from our unfacied, young lions. We should hold our heads high and Southgate has done fantastically. England til I die.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
We had our chances in the first half. Croatia better in the second half and extra time - and we really didn't look like scoring in the last 30 - so I think the better team won. But it was no embarrassment. Far more than I expected at the start of the cup.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn’t quite happen tonight - Croatia’s tactics of pressing the defence worked but what a great tournement from our unfacied, young lions. We should hold our heads high and Southgate has done fantastically. England til I die.

A great tournament, were we beat two very low ranked teams, effectively drew with a middle ranked team (but won the penalties) and have lost twice (shortly to be three times) to decent teams.

So yes a great tournament

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A great tournament, were we beat two very low ranked teams, effectively drew with a middle ranked team (but won the penalties) and have lost twice (shortly to be three times) to decent teams.

So yes a great tournament

Cluesless. It’s amazing how the fifa rankings mean nothing on nsc when England are high up but everything when we do well. It’s been a fantastic tourno for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great to enjoy a tournament at last, all anyone can really ask for, lets hope we push on and make it a regular thing for a few years, least we all deserve!!

Is exactly the attitude we all should take - what a great Summer :clap:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cluesless. It’s amazing how the fifa rankings mean nothing on nsc when England are high up but everything when we do well. It’s been a fantastic tourno for us.

Great post.

We've massively improved in tournament football, overcoming highly regarded defences, thugs and some highly regarded opponents. Loads of goals scored, a decent defence.

4 wins, compared to the dross of the last many years.

A quality WC.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Gutted but not for long.

I never really got into the England team growing up and always felt mildly detached from them. Euro 96 got me interested again and so did the team under Sven. Lost interest soon after. I was so gutted when Argentina beat us I promised myself I would never get that upset again. Final whistle TV off.

However (in my lifetime) this tournament has seen me the most inspired by an England team. Shaking off the burden of the press negativity and removing the fear from the players is a bigger achievement (for England) than winning the cup itself.

Gareth Southgate bow down.

Legend. Do not underestimate his achievement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
golden opportunity this time and we blew it. :tantrum:
But we do get to be unlucky losers.

It's hard to imagine another tournament being laid out so nicely for England, still on they go again.

The biggest kick in the balls is that in 4 years time, we'll get yet another onslaught of 'oh I was only a week old in 1966, but ... ' bollox.

Aug 1, 2006
England were brilliant to watch from my POV and I expected so little, can't ask for more. Would love us to have won today but still huge huge performance and great prospect as a team. Southgate and his team have really worked wonders. Any negative talk basically ignores the last 20 years.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here