Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC SF2 Croatia v England

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
England did well. Mostly because they didn't play like England. In every other tournament I've seen them play in I'd say they have been just about the most boring team of all time. Southgate actually went for it and tried to play exciting football. So (grudgingly :blush: ) credit to him for that (even though he's still ex-Palarse scum). :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Are these the two worst sides ever to compete in a World Cup semi final. We were on the whole shite. Wrong options but. Well done Gareth for getting a mediocre bunch this far.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Oh well. The proper football starts in about a month and another season in the Premier League. Can't wait.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This whole world cup up to the last 45 and extra time was magnificent. Extremely disappointed with the outcome but the lads have been superb up till now and they've exceeded what any England fan had hoped for.
I'm a little drunk, very disappointed and rather emotional but proud to the core.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
and Southgate will stay,the end result is English football although a wash with money is simply not good enough. EPL teams full of overseas players along with many other clubs who are no better than other home grown players. You only have to look at what Southgate has to pick from,Dyer,Henderson,Young,Kane,Sterling and the list goes on just go back to France 98 under Hoddle and compare that side. We are here because of SKY TV.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are these the two worst sides ever to compete in a World Cup semi final. We were on the whole shite. Wrong options but. Well done Gareth for getting a mediocre bunch this far.

I thought someone like you would have watched quite a few WC semis...obviously not

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Very angry that a team who played 30 extra minutes the game before, who had less rest, had tons more energy than our players.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I'm so gutted! May never get so close again. All the top teams were out and we couldn't beat Croatia! No disrespect to them, but we should have beaten them. No threat in the final third. Lingard, Alli, Sterling, Henderson all below par. Only threat was from a set piece.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here