Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC SF2 Croatia v England

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Got what we deserved. Very naive. For christ's sake keep possession, make them chase the game but we resort to type. Sterling, despite all his adoring worshippers, was ineffective again. Kane didn't enhance his reputation. Like for like replacements so no plan B.

That said it's great to reach a semi but in the cold light of day, we didn't beat anyone of substance.

It was Kane that missed the gilt edged chance to bury this not Sterling and I despise you for making me say that. We beat who we came up against many WC winners have questionable paths to the final.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That’s skewed by the fact they have three top players. In all other areas they are very average at this level. They needed penalties to beat Denmark and Russia so they’re obviously not great.

What three would they be then? In Rakitic, Modric, Mandzukic, Perisic, Rebic and Vrsaljko they have 6 outstanding players who could get in our side easily. They’re a very good team.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Well as depressed as I am with that I am not feeling that down.

We were shown up by one of the best and most experienced teams on the planet Croatia were in last chance saloon and it showed ultimately we were naive but is that really that surprising. We should take the positives this world cup will make a young squad better in future tournaments and they are young so will only get better.

But how we lack a player like Mordric. This world cup has rekindled the love of my national team and for that it has been a success.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] tonight.

6eBWPU6.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The 18th ranked team in the world beat the 12th ranked.

The 12th ranked team should have been 2-3 goals up at half time; because we weren’t, we let them back into it.

Over the 120 minutes, the better team won.

Such a shame. But hopefully the start of something good.

We’ll see...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

The 12th ranked team should have been 2-3 goals up at half time; because we weren’t, we let them back into it.

We’ll see...

With waistcoat in charge ?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

We’ll see...

You must be joking.

Think that is the high point of a very limited player turned manager.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
How do you explain the fact they couldn’t beat Russia or Denmark then?

I’m not even comparing Croatia to England, other than to say they’re both in the second tier of international football. My point is more that as far as World Cup semi finals go, we are unlikely to ever be lucky enough to play such an average team again. Normally you can pretty much guarantee you have to face one of the big guns at this stage.

They beat them. Who knows what will happen in the future we have no idea..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I’m not even comparing Croatia to England, other than to say they’re both in the second tier of international football. My point is more that as far as World Cup semi finals go, we are unlikely to ever be lucky enough to play such an average team again. Normally you can pretty much guarantee you have to face one of the big guns at this stage.

They crushed Argentina also though. Spain went out to Russia, Germany lost to South Korea and Mexico. Tournament football is tough, any win is excellent, no matter the oposition. Croatia are an excellent international team.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Bang on I think.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Do you think Ivan Perisic fancies a move to the Premier League?

I know it's dangerous to base your opinion solely on form for his national team, but surely he's too good for Inter? (not in any way to suggest that he'd move here, obviously)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I never even had any expectations of winning the competition. I’ve just waited my entire life for an appearance in the final and I really thought this was the year. Can’t believe how low this makes me feel.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I never even had any expectations of winning the competition. I’ve just waited my entire life for an appearance in the final and I really thought this was the year. Can’t believe how low this makes me feel.

Chin up mate, just accept we will never be in a World Cup Final ever again and all is well in the World, chill out...:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here