Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 233031323334 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    The basic cause of the exit was that we could and should have been 3 up at half time but for the misses of Kane and Lingard when they both should have done better. Croatia were no better than the teams we have beaten and we should have done better, no excuses.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The basic cause of the exit was that we could and should have been 3 up at half time but for the misses of Kane and Lingard when they both should have done better. Croatia were no better than the teams we have beaten and we should have done better, no excuses.
      Agreed I didn't think Croatia looked any better than Sweden, without the two brilliant saves from Pickford we could have been in the mire against them.
      Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
      Technocrat

2 Not allowed!
      Glad I stayed off this thread last night.
      England losing a match seems to attract every joyless miserable *******, like flies to a turd.

We made the semi final, it's better than anyone expected. Why can't people just be happy with that
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Spot on, IMO.

Seen plenty of suggestion that England lost that game in the second half. The truth is they defended pretty well, against a decent side. The opportunity came and went, when we failed to capitalise in the dominant first half.

After that, the longer the game went on, we were bound to tire, and suffer accordingly. The predictions of Croatia tiring were odd - they were always going to have the bulk of possession, and chasing the ball about wore us down.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Technocrat

1 Not allowed!
      Saying Croatia are no better than Sweden makes no sense. We cruised to victory against Sweden, and Croatia would've done too.

Croatia were much better tactically, they nullified our game by playing a high press in the 2nd half.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Saying Croatia are no better than Sweden makes no sense. We cruised to victory against Sweden, and Croatia would've done too.

Croatia were much better tactically, they nullified our game by playing a high press in the 2nd half.
      Croatia were much better than Sweden. Sweden were awful.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      Where have I said Kane was blameless?
      Will you now revise your statement that Kane is currently the best player in the world on form?

He'll never be considered the best until his goals actually lead to something significant - whether that be leading Tottenham to trophies or winning something at international level.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I fancied Croatia at the beginning as best bet outsiders. I did not bet on them because I thought they would be playing Germany in the quarter-finals.

I struggle to find any excuses for England. I think if we played Croatia again with the same squad and manager we would lose again.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

1 Not allowed!
      An interesting stat from the Live interview being held now, England had the second LOWEST number of capped players in the whole tournament.

That just emphasises their inexperience, and will improve with more matches on the world stage.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      An interesting stat from the Live interview being held now, England had the second LOWEST number of capped players in the whole tournament.

That just emphasises their inexperience, and will improve with more matches on the world stage.
      Not forgetting, of all the major nations in the WC, France apart, we have had a much more enjoyable experience than any of them. When was the last time you could say that?

The future’s bright, the future’s white ( and sometimes red).
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff