Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018-19 Loyalty points shake up - bit shit?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I can't remember for certain, but Swansea, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Stoke, Burnley and Man City went on sale beyond STH points as did MU in the cup. For a first season in the Premier League, this would seem a reasonable number of away games for those that don't have an ST.

You are certainly correct with Newcastle Stoke, Burnley and Man City, as well as the MU cup game. The two Manchester games were due to the time that they were played, the others no doubt due to a lack of glamour.

Thank you for pointing out what is a reasonable number of games for non-STH to be able to watch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You are certainly correct with Newcastle Stoke, Burnley and Man City, as well as the MU cup game. The two Manchester games were due to the time that they were played, the others no doubt due to a lack of glamour.

Thank you for pointing out what is a reasonable number of games for non-STH to be able to watch.

'Away' games, you could have got as many home game tickets as you'd have liked. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So how hard is it to get from Leeds to Newcastle, Stoke, Burnley and Manchester - I doubt you even have to change trains. No ticket scheme will be fair to everybody, but then life isn't fair either

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
So how hard is it to get from Leeds to Newcastle, Stoke, Burnley and Manchester - I doubt you even have to change trains. No ticket scheme will be fair to everybody, but then life isn't fair either

It isn't hard at all, Stoke is one change, the others no changes. Indeed life is not fair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No I am not saying that, what I am saying is, there were plenty of "loyal" fans who travelled across the country during the 70's, 80's and 90's. long long before the theatre of dreams was built, some of us have done more miles watching the Albion than a majority of the new "loyal" fans, just because they now cant go to as many matches because of circumstance, does not mean they have not put in the hard miles years before and are suddenly not loyal.

As an example:
lets say during the 80's fan "A" when to nearly every home and away game for 7 years.
Fan "B" has gone to nearly every home and away game for the last 7 years

Obviously fan "A" is now older and life's circumstances mean they cant now attend as many games over the last 7 years and fab "B" Although they are able to go to say 6 £52 games at home and that will generate £312 in ticket sales, which is nearly as much as a season ticket.

Who then is more loyal? For me they are both the same.

There has to be a line because there is a finite number of tickets. There are plenty of fans in your Cat A that are in the top tier anyway. It's not a perfect system but why, when, for example, you have chosen to live in leeds and not got to many, if any, home games, should you have priority over those that do. There will always be individual cases where you can highlight circumstances how many of those are through choice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here