Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bathseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

What I don't understand though, or agree with, is why season ticket holders should get additional benefits for away tickets. And why are they being given an automatic bonus of 50-200 points (this is new, I think?) as this just shunts people like me further down the queue through no fault of our own. I've been a season ticket holder before and my feeling is that when you sign up you get your home matches and the priority to book your seat for home cup games - but I feel there needs to be a separate system for away games that puts all supporters on a level playing field.
    No it isn’t new

Why shouldn’t they be given an advantage ? They put a LARGE sum of money into the club and deserve to have an advantage. I appreciate how some non season ticket holders can feel it isn’t fair but the reality is that the fans that go every other week to home games should have the chance to see the away games first.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blockhseagull View Post
      No it isn’t new

Why shouldn’t they be given an advantage ? They put a LARGE sum of money into the club and deserve to have an advantage. I appreciate how some non season ticket holders can feel it isn’t fair but the reality is that the fans that go every other week to home games should have the chance to see the away games first.
      Ok, so the bonus points for season ticket holders is something I wasn't aware of - if it's the same as last year then I have nothing to worry about. As you were.

Still disagree that home season ticket holders should get preferential treatment for away match tickets but hey, we're all entitled to our opinion.
      Honest, I swear, its the turnstiles that make us hostile
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ok, so the bonus points for season ticket holders is something I wasn't aware of - if it's the same as last year then I have nothing to worry about. As you were.

Still disagree that home season ticket holders should get preferential treatment for away match tickets but hey, we're all entitled to our opinion.
      Fair enough, but everyone starts at zero, someone who has zero loyalty to the club comes in and gets United away tickets over a long term fan, you need to mesaure priority in one way or another, Season ticket is as good as any.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      You are entitled to your opinion, but don’t think you’ll find many would agree.

Doubt there is a club in the land who had demand outweighing supply that wouldn’t give priority to the season ticket holders. They deserve the chance to go before anyone else... simple as.

2 Not allowed!
      This is absolutely laughable. This is nothing new - even before last season all ST holders got 1000 loyalty points to start with each season, and the away points earned were halved at the start of each season, just like they are now.

Then it was changed to reward those who held season tickets for consecutive seasons, which I think is good however those who for whatever reasons needed a season out and came back had to start from scratch again.
      Last edited by Goring-by-Seagull; 12-07-2018 at 16:25.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville's Breakfast View Post
      The bit you've missed is that there is no change from last season.
      That does beg the question; where were you last season ? If you didn't notice last year then presumably it won't impact on you too much this year.That said there were several that did not sell out to STH last year and that is likely to be repeated.
      I think even more so this year, I know already 5 season ticket holders that wont be returning to Everton and Liverpool this year.
      I am such a Naughty Boy.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Im confused by this thread. The OP is arguing about something thats been in place for ages and has been discussed many times.

How has it all passed him by? Even if you didnt go on NSC as a fan loyalty points must have come up in a discussion in the last few seasons somewhere?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blockhseagull View Post
      You are entitled to your opinion, but don’t think you’ll find many would agree.

Doubt there is a club in the land who had demand outweighing supply that wouldn’t give priority to the season ticket holders. They deserve the chance to go before anyone else... simple as.
      Dont Manure just do a ballot system and scrapped their loyalty points a few season ago?
      I am such a Naughty Boy.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
      Dont Manure just do a ballot system and scrapped their loyalty points a few season ago?
      From the Manchester Evening News:

There is a ‘loyalty pot’ consisting of fans who have applied for every away game since the 2001-02 season. They are said to have around an 85 percent chance of securing tickets.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      From the Manchester Evening News:

There is a ‘loyalty pot’ consisting of fans who have applied for every away game since the 2001-02 season. They are said to have around an 85 percent chance of securing tickets.
      Hi Mate, yes and from that pot their names are drawn out on a ballot basis. This will always be not the solution but the fairest way for me.
      I am such a Naughty Boy.