Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018-19 Loyalty points shake up - bit shit?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Get this - it's as much about time as cash for me - have some other things to do at weekends and all the 'Northern' grounds are a complete day at best, sometimes longer which I can't always spare. I'll continue to try to pick and choose depending on what else I have on, and if I don't have the LPs then so be it......I tend to hover on the edge of tier 1 and 2 so can usually get tickets though

No idea what the OP is getting at in terms of changes - can't see any difference to last season. System is about as fair as they can make it - no way they can please everyone

I reckon demand this year for away tickets will be similar to last season or possibly even higher - the diehards (more of those now than previously), plus 'new diehards' who've got hooked on awaydays after last season (despite the mostly shit results/lack of goals) then those that missed out previously.

You know it's the same as last year, and I know it's the same as last year, which makes the op very much a jcl.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
You know it's the same as last year, and I know it's the same as last year, which makes the op very much a jcl.

Given that the OP has been posting on NSC since 2004, he looks like a JCE to me.

The point that the loyalty scheme is the same as last year is well-made though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Given that the OP has been posting on NSC since 2004, he looks like a JCE to me.

The point that the loyalty scheme is the same as last year is well-made though.

I meant jcl to the loyalty points scheme, rather than Nsc or the club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People like myself who have decided to sack off away games must be really annoying to those who can't get the loyalty points up.

Meeee tooo

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Well, where to start after all those responses...?

Firstly, having not posted on or looked at NSC for a while it's good to see that it still provides people with an opportunity to offer their flippant or sarcastic responses to make themselves feel better. Thanks for those.

Secondly, for those who would like to think I'm some sort of newcomer - I've been following the Albion all my life, at all four home grounds and all over the country and am well aware of the existence of the loyalty points system.

What I don't understand though, or agree with, is why season ticket holders should get additional benefits for away tickets. And why are they being given an automatic bonus of 50-200 points (this is new, I think?) as this just shunts people like me further down the queue through no fault of our own. I've been a season ticket holder before and my feeling is that when you sign up you get your home matches and the priority to book your seat for home cup games - but I feel there needs to be a separate system for away games that puts all supporters on a level playing field.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but it looks like away tickets might be harder to come by for me this season compared to last.

And lastly, I didn't see any mention of these 2018-19 details on the website or via email, Twitter or any of the usual channels - again, i may have missed it but it feels to me like it's been put out under the radar a bit, maybe because they know it's not fair to everyone?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Firstly, having not posted on or looked at NSC for a while it's good to see that it still provides people with an opportunity to offer their flippant or sarcastic responses to make themselves feel better. Thanks for those.

Secondly, for those who would like to think I'm some sort of newcomer - I've been following the Albion all my life, at all four home grounds and all over the country and am well aware of the existence of the loyalty points system.

What I don't understand though, or agree with, is why season ticket holders should get additional benefits for away tickets. And why are they being given an automatic bonus of 50-200 points (this is new, I think?) as this just shunts people like me further down the queue through no fault of our own. I've been a season ticket holder before and my feeling is that when you sign up you get your home matches and the priority to book your seat for home cup games - but I feel there needs to be a separate system for away games that puts all supporters on a level playing field.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but it looks like away tickets might be harder to come by for me this season compared to last.

And lastly, I didn't see any mention of these 2018-19 details on the website or via email, Twitter or any of the usual channels - again, i may have missed it but it feels to me like it's been put out under the radar a bit, maybe because they know it's not fair to everyone?

As has been said before on this thread - the system for 2018/19 is identical to that used last season.

If you had no problem getting tickets for away games last season (I’m not sure how that was the case, but that’s another issue), then neither will you have for this season.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I'm only just getting up to speed with the new details surrounding loyalty points, as outlined in the pdf on the seagulls tickets site.

Effectively, as a non-STH my chances of getting a ticket for an away game have dropped quite dramatically - that's not great is it?

I appreciate that STH should be rewarded for their loyalty and commitment in stumping up for the season and blah blah blah but surely not to the extent that a whole other swathe of supporters are basically shat on?

Feel free to tell me if I've missed something...

Liverpool should be easy enough if you buy a membership.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I do think there should still be a small amount, say 10%, available on a ballot but other than that I think the club has it right.

I cant agree, as a top tier at the start of last season, I was in support of this, I couldnt see a way for some fans ever to be able to get a ticket.

More than enough games went on sale to all fans and as long as you made the effort you could get to away games last season. Granted you might not get all the games on your door step, but thats tough luck.

I had a friend who started in Tier 4 last season, at the end of last season he was in Tier 1, now back down to Tier 2, it can be done.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Nothings changed from Last season, So you either didnt go to any last season, in which case why do you think you should get priority over those that did?

Or if you did get tickets, you will still have the same chance as you did last season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

No it isn’t new

Why shouldn’t they be given an advantage ? They put a LARGE sum of money into the club and deserve to have an advantage. I appreciate how some non season ticket holders can feel it isn’t fair but the reality is that the fans that go every other week to home games should have the chance to see the away games first.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
No it isn’t new

Why shouldn’t they be given an advantage ? They put a LARGE sum of money into the club and deserve to have an advantage. I appreciate how some non season ticket holders can feel it isn’t fair but the reality is that the fans that go every other week to home games should have the chance to see the away games first.

Ok, so the bonus points for season ticket holders is something I wasn't aware of - if it's the same as last year then I have nothing to worry about. As you were.

Still disagree that home season ticket holders should get preferential treatment for away match tickets but hey, we're all entitled to our opinion.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ok, so the bonus points for season ticket holders is something I wasn't aware of - if it's the same as last year then I have nothing to worry about. As you were.

Still disagree that home season ticket holders should get preferential treatment for away match tickets but hey, we're all entitled to our opinion.

Fair enough, but everyone starts at zero, someone who has zero loyalty to the club comes in and gets United away tickets over a long term fan, you need to mesaure priority in one way or another, Season ticket is as good as any.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

You are entitled to your opinion, but don’t think you’ll find many would agree.

Doubt there is a club in the land who had demand outweighing supply that wouldn’t give priority to the season ticket holders. They deserve the chance to go before anyone else... simple as.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
This is absolutely laughable. This is nothing new - even before last season all ST holders got 1000 loyalty points to start with each season, and the away points earned were halved at the start of each season, just like they are now.

Then it was changed to reward those who held season tickets for consecutive seasons, which I think is good however those who for whatever reasons needed a season out and came back had to start from scratch again.

Last edited:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
The bit you've missed is that there is no change from last season.
That does beg the question; where were you last season ? If you didn't notice last year then presumably it won't impact on you too much this year.That said there were several that did not sell out to STH last year and that is likely to be repeated.

I think even more so this year, I know already 5 season ticket holders that wont be returning to Everton and Liverpool this year.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Im confused by this thread. The OP is arguing about something thats been in place for ages and has been discussed many times.

How has it all passed him by? Even if you didnt go on NSC as a fan loyalty points must have come up in a discussion in the last few seasons somewhere?

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
You are entitled to your opinion, but don’t think you’ll find many would agree.

Doubt there is a club in the land who had demand outweighing supply that wouldn’t give priority to the season ticket holders. They deserve the chance to go before anyone else... simple as.

Dont Manure just do a ballot system and scrapped their loyalty points a few season ago?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dont Manure just do a ballot system and scrapped their loyalty points a few season ago?

From the Manchester Evening News:

There is a ‘loyalty pot’ consisting of fans who have applied for every away game since the 2001-02 season. They are said to have around an 85 percent chance of securing tickets.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
From the Manchester Evening News:

There is a ‘loyalty pot’ consisting of fans who have applied for every away game since the 2001-02 season. They are said to have around an 85 percent chance of securing tickets.

Hi Mate, yes and from that pot their names are drawn out on a ballot basis. This will always be not the solution but the fairest way for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here