Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get this - it's as much about time as cash for me - have some other things to do at weekends and all the 'Northern' grounds are a complete day at best, sometimes longer which I can't always spare. I'll continue to try to pick and choose depending on what else I have on, and if I don't have the LPs then so be it......I tend to hover on the edge of tier 1 and 2 so can usually get tickets though

No idea what the OP is getting at in terms of changes - can't see any difference to last season. System is about as fair as they can make it - no way they can please everyone

I reckon demand this year for away tickets will be similar to last season or possibly even higher - the diehards (more of those now than previously), plus 'new diehards' who've got hooked on awaydays after last season (despite the mostly shit results/lack of goals) then those that missed out previously.
    You know it's the same as last year, and I know it's the same as last year, which makes the op very much a jcl.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      You know it's the same as last year, and I know it's the same as last year, which makes the op very much a jcl.
      Given that the OP has been posting on NSC since 2004, he looks like a JCE to me.

The point that the loyalty scheme is the same as last year is well-made though.
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LowKarate View Post
      Given that the OP has been posting on NSC since 2004, he looks like a JCE to me.

The point that the loyalty scheme is the same as last year is well-made though.
      I meant jcl to the loyalty points scheme, rather than Nsc or the club.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      I’m a JCL
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      People like myself who have decided to sack off away games must be really annoying to those who can't get the loyalty points up.
      Meeee tooo
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Well, where to start after all those responses...?

Firstly, having not posted on or looked at NSC for a while it's good to see that it still provides people with an opportunity to offer their flippant or sarcastic responses to make themselves feel better. Thanks for those.

Secondly, for those who would like to think I'm some sort of newcomer - I've been following the Albion all my life, at all four home grounds and all over the country and am well aware of the existence of the loyalty points system.

What I don't understand though, or agree with, is why season ticket holders should get additional benefits for away tickets. And why are they being given an automatic bonus of 50-200 points (this is new, I think?) as this just shunts people like me further down the queue through no fault of our own. I've been a season ticket holder before and my feeling is that when you sign up you get your home matches and the priority to book your seat for home cup games - but I feel there needs to be a separate system for away games that puts all supporters on a level playing field.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but it looks like away tickets might be harder to come by for me this season compared to last.

And lastly, I didn't see any mention of these 2018-19 details on the website or via email, Twitter or any of the usual channels - again, i may have missed it but it feels to me like it's been put out under the radar a bit, maybe because they know it's not fair to everyone?
      Honest, I swear, its the turnstiles that make us hostile

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bathseagull View Post

Firstly, having not posted on or looked at NSC for a while it's good to see that it still provides people with an opportunity to offer their flippant or sarcastic responses to make themselves feel better. Thanks for those.

Secondly, for those who would like to think I'm some sort of newcomer - I've been following the Albion all my life, at all four home grounds and all over the country and am well aware of the existence of the loyalty points system.

What I don't understand though, or agree with, is why season ticket holders should get additional benefits for away tickets. And why are they being given an automatic bonus of 50-200 points (this is new, I think?) as this just shunts people like me further down the queue through no fault of our own. I've been a season ticket holder before and my feeling is that when you sign up you get your home matches and the priority to book your seat for home cup games - but I feel there needs to be a separate system for away games that puts all supporters on a level playing field.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but it looks like away tickets might be harder to come by for me this season compared to last.

And lastly, I didn't see any mention of these 2018-19 details on the website or via email, Twitter or any of the usual channels - again, i may have missed it but it feels to me like it's been put out under the radar a bit, maybe because they know it's not fair to everyone?
      As has been said before on this thread - the system for 2018/19 is identical to that used last season.

If you had no problem getting tickets for away games last season (I’m not sure how that was the case, but that’s another issue), then neither will you have for this season.
      6EQUJ5 2A

0 Not allowed!
      I'm only just getting up to speed with the new details surrounding loyalty points, as outlined in the pdf on the seagulls tickets site.

Effectively, as a non-STH my chances of getting a ticket for an away game have dropped quite dramatically - that's not great is it?

I appreciate that STH should be rewarded for their loyalty and commitment in stumping up for the season and blah blah blah but surely not to the extent that a whole other swathe of supporters are basically shat on?

Feel free to tell me if I've missed something...
      Liverpool should be easy enough if you buy a membership.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      I do think there should still be a small amount, say 10%, available on a ballot but other than that I think the club has it right.
      I cant agree, as a top tier at the start of last season, I was in support of this, I couldnt see a way for some fans ever to be able to get a ticket.

More than enough games went on sale to all fans and as long as you made the effort you could get to away games last season. Granted you might not get all the games on your door step, but thats tough luck.

I had a friend who started in Tier 4 last season, at the end of last season he was in Tier 1, now back down to Tier 2, it can be done.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Nothings changed from Last season, So you either didnt go to any last season, in which case why do you think you should get priority over those that did?

Or if you did get tickets, you will still have the same chance as you did last season.