Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018-19 Loyalty points shake up - bit shit?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I'm only just getting up to speed with the new details surrounding loyalty points, as outlined in the pdf on the seagulls tickets site.

Effectively, as a non-STH my chances of getting a ticket for an away game have dropped quite dramatically - that's not great is it?

I appreciate that STH should be rewarded for their loyalty and commitment in stumping up for the season and blah blah blah but surely not to the extent that a whole other swathe of supporters are basically shat on?

Feel free to tell me if I've missed something...

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I'm only just getting up to speed with the new details surrounding loyalty points, as outlined in the pdf on the seagulls tickets site.

Effectively, as a non-STH my chances of getting a ticket for an away game have dropped quite dramatically - that's not great is it?

I appreciate that STH should be rewarded for their loyalty and commitment in stumping up for the season and blah blah blah but surely not to the extent that a whole other swathe of supporters are basically shat on?

No. You should be shat on

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Probably 1 thread a week for the last 2 seasons...

As an non-STH who has only just discovered loyalty points, well, that might be your answer.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The bit you've missed is that there is no change from last season.
That does beg the question; where were you last season ? If you didn't notice last year then presumably it won't impact on you too much this year.That said there were several that did not sell out to STH last year and that is likely to be repeated.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I do think there should still be a small amount, say 10%, available on a ballot but other than that I think the club has it right.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm out this season. Missed only a few games in the last four season but I'm done with these 18 hour days and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm on 332 points and have done my sums. Skipping long distance trips I should still be able to get London, Birmingham, Southampton & PLB tickets. Spurs away will be close as it's the only ground no one has been to before. Tickets will be plentiful this season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The bit you've missed is that there is no change from last season.
That does beg the question; where were you last season ? If you didn't notice last year then presumably it won't impact on you too much this year.That said there were several that did not sell out to STH last year and that is likely to be repeated.

Agreed, and if anything, tickets should be slightly easier to get this season, because regulars have crossed off their new grounds now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You missed telling us why you are more deserving than season ticket holders or why you should have priority over anyone else for that matter just because you want to go to a few away games?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I do think there should still be a small amount, say 10%, available on a ballot but other than that I think the club has it right.

Unfair on those that are currently 2700-3000 in the points list.
Unnecessary as non STH will more than likely be able to go to Newcastle, Burnley, Cardiff and Cup aways. Maybe even some others.

theboybilly

Agreed, and if anything, tickets should be slightly easier to get this season, because regulars have crossed off their new grounds now.

I don't think that's true as the regulars are the same people that did Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan and Preston on a regular basis. They will all be there at Wolves, Burnley, Huddersfield never mind the London clubs and the 'big 6'

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't think that's true as the regulars are the same people that did Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan and Preston on a regular basis. They will all be there at Wolves, Burnley, Huddersfield never mind the London clubs and the 'big 6'

I have seen and will do exactly the same thing myself, as regards Liverpool and Everton for example. Restricted views, long distance and poor grounds. I know there are the die hards to go to every single game regardless, but some of us haven't got that sort of cash to spare.

el punal

Well, what do you suggest? The club are enjoying/enduring a classic case of demand definitely outstripping supply. With 23,000 season tickets sold and a waiting list of 8,000, the club (in fact any organisation) is always going to offer tickets to those that have been loyal and supported the club for season after season - and quite right too. This may seem unfair to you but equally it should encourage you to attend those fixtures that perhaps may have tickets available because the opposition are not top notch, or it’s not a very important Cup tie, or a match being played in some Northern hinterland on a cold winter’s night in mid-week.

It’s the way it is and you just have suck it up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, what do you suggest? The club are enjoying/enduring a classic case of demand definitely outstripping supply. With 23,000 season tickets sold and a waiting list of 8,000, the club (in fact any organisation) is always going to offer tickets to those that have been loyal and supported the club for season after season - and quite right too. This may seem unfair to you but equally it should encourage you to attend those fixtures that perhaps may have tickets available because the opposition are not top notch, or it’s not a very important Cup tie, or a match being played in some Northern hinterland on a cold winter’s night in mid-week.

It’s the way it is and you just have suck it up.

Imagine how much more annoying it is for fans of clubs who have a much bigger away following than us. I guess for some they will almost never get an away ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have seen and will do exactly the same thing myself, as regards Liverpool and Everton for example. Restricted views, long distance and poor grounds. I know there are the die hards to go to every single game regardless, but some of us haven't got that sort of cash to spare.

Get this - it's as much about time as cash for me - have some other things to do at weekends and all the 'Northern' grounds are a complete day at best, sometimes longer which I can't always spare. I'll continue to try to pick and choose depending on what else I have on, and if I don't have the LPs then so be it......I tend to hover on the edge of tier 1 and 2 so can usually get tickets though

No idea what the OP is getting at in terms of changes - can't see any difference to last season. System is about as fair as they can make it - no way they can please everyone

I reckon demand this year for away tickets will be similar to last season or possibly even higher - the diehards (more of those now than previously), plus 'new diehards' who've got hooked on awaydays after last season (despite the mostly shit results/lack of goals) then those that missed out previously.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fear not, I have mailed Paul Barber who will personally deliver any away tickets you require on a Silver Salver

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here