Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion sign new goalkeeper.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good news, now let's plug the keeper gap in our senior squad... a little bit more important IMHO...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Did he deliver? No, wait that's Yodel.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hope it goes better than the last keeper I recall signing from them...Nicky Fecking Rust

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more.

Nicky Rust was a brilliant shot stopper, in a terrible team. Indeed; if he'd had the breaks, he could have gone on to challenge Buffon at the Old Lady.

Mark Ormerod too, actually a great keeper in a woeful team. After all, putting myself in their boots or errmmmmm gloves, I know I'd need to be 'on it' with Gary (The Sloth) Hobson on the pitch.

Grim yet (in retrospect) hilarious days.

In actuality with breaks, good management and a large slice of luck pie the likes of Rust, McDougald, Minton, Allan, McGarrigle would be in the same legendary bracket as Paul Kitson and the like.

But... it wasn't to be.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Nicky Rust was a brilliant shot stopper, in a terrible team. Indeed; if he'd had the breaks, he could have gone on to challenge Buffon at the Old Lady.

Mark Ormerod too, actually a great keeper in a woeful team. After all, putting myself in their boots or errmmmmm gloves, I know I'd need to be 'on it' with Gary (The Sloth) Hobson on the pitch.

In actuality with breaks, good management and a large slice of luck pie the likes of Rust, McDougald, Minton, Allan, McGarrigle would be in the same legendary bracket as Paul Kitson and the like.

But... it wasn't to be.

My word, those really were rose tinted specs you were wearing. As much as l enjoyed those times, (for the adversity as much as anything else), that team was pretty awful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

But... it wasn't to be.

Kosh I can only assume you were watching from Newcastle in those days :smile:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Many only really want to know about the senior squad, with the notable exception of @AZGull.

This is true - I would estimate that less than 5% of NSC's regular users have anything more than a passing interest in the U-23s/U-18s.

When Steven Alzate moved on loan to Swindon last week, someone posted on here that they had never heard of him. Likewise when Max Sanders was named as a sub for the FA Cup quarter-final last season.

I realise that the main focus will always be on the first team, but I am surprised by the general apathy shown by the Albion fanbase to the academy, certainly compared to other clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another young player who will never play for us, we've become used to this type of non-signing now.

Yes. We are more like Chelsea than Cheltenham these days. It is what it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But... it wasn't to be.

I know where you're coming from. And yes, Rusty was brilliant. For a bit. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here