Under the post, this doesnt affect the account of anyone else

Regards
DR

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, change would be entirely driven by earnings potential and there would be no other considerations at all. Well done for cutting through my bluster to reveal the truth. This time next year I'll be a millionaire Rodney - I just need an ad-laden responsive theme. Or something.

As I've written many times on here, I have long been a big fan of the user experience of using Tapatalk to access NSC and struggle to understand how some don't get on with it ,and choose to pinch and zoom their way through accessing NSC via a mobile browser.

As it turns out, very few people do use Tapatalk to access NSC and I really don't know why. Many have moaned about how crap the site is on a browser on a phone and I completely agree. It would be remiss to try to not resolve that sooner rather than later, and we're already very much in "later" territory, even though vBulletin 4 is notoriously bad in this area.

With regard to lining pockets, Tapatalk does monetise with ads and they kindly send me some money via Paypal every month. I've not done the math to see what a Tapatalk user earns the site relative to what a browser-based user earns the site. My gut feel is there's probably not too much in it either way.

There are many site owners in the forum owners forums I frequent (and boy, are they exciting places to hang out!) who will not entertain installing Tapatalk for a whole host of reasons. If I could turn the clock back I would probably keep this particular gene in the bottle, but clearly I can't do that now. I am very much interested in the end user experience combined with having the ability to control elements of the site should the need arise. By way of example, recently some users received a rogue ad on NSC. I took all ads off for a week or so. If that happens on Tapatlak, there is nothing I can do to protect users.

Hope this helps.

I have used Tapatalk for years and don’t remember ever seeing an ad!

I can’t actually remember the last time I accessed NSC not on Tapatalk so would also be a bit gutted if it was removed.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Some updates on a few bits and pieces on NSC...

1. Ad partner change. After some users experienced problems with some rogue ads with our previous partner, yesterday I swapped out the ad partner on NSC. Along with this, you will see, ideally only once per device, the option to tailor how ads are delivered to you on NSC. Regardless of what you choose, ads will still be delivered, but essentially you have the choice to have targeted (based on other sites you've visited etc) ads, or non-targeted.

Couple of things on this....

Firstly the survey ad that keeps bouncing me to the bottom of the page is frigging annoying.

Secondly I opened my laptop this morning to find my NSC tab had been re-directed to a faux adobe flash player download page and had automatically downloaded something obviously unpleasant.

Sort it out you tadpole eating freak!

Love you. Xxxx

RBR

Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys, sorry in advance if this isn't the right place to post this but... I just registered and every time I post something it says: the moderators need to aprove my messages. It's a little frustrating as no one ca see it for x amount of time. So it becomes kind of useless. Is there an explanation for this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi guys, sorry in advance if this isn't the right place to post this but... I just registered and every time I post something it says: the moderators need to aprove my messages. It's a little frustrating as no one ca see it for x amount of time. So it becomes kind of useless. Is there an explanation for this?

Explanation: wanky Middlesbrough fans.

Keep using the site as you are and you will be automatically promoted to regular user status before long.

RBR

Jul 24, 2018
Explanation: wanky Middlesbrough fans.

Keep using the site as you are and you will be automatically promoted to regular user status before long.

Thank you will do. It's just a shame because I have to wait an hour or two before my post is approved sometimes and then people don't see it because it's way back haha. Especially in the Jahanbakhsh thread :p

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thank you will do. It's just a shame because I have to wait an hour or two before my post is approved sometimes and then people don't see it because it's way back haha. Especially in the Jahanbakhsh thread :p

Think yourself lucky.........my wife has to wait a lot longer before she is satisfied!.......I mean.....approved :lol: :lol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
7. There may be a few moderator changes on the site for the coming season, including our first ever Palace fan moderator.
I was going to ask if there were going to be some extra shitty posts left in the virtual changing room but then you wrote this.....

11. I was joking about the Palace fan moderator.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will we ever get a twitter Insert along side Insert Image & Insert Film?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I still have a number in the 'reputation comment' section of notifications, which can't be viewed and so reset to zero.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Arshia42

Jul 24, 2018
Hey guys just wondering how long it can usually take before I can post without having to wait for my posts to be approved? I promise I'm just here to support Brighton and Alireza (and providing more info on him) and nothing else haha.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hey guys just wondering how long it can usually take before I can post without having to wait for my posts to be approved? I promise I'm just here to support Brighton and Alireza (and providing more info on him) and nothing else haha.

Are you sure you're not Palarse :wink:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
As it turns out, very few people do use Tapatalk to access NSC and I really don't know why.

FWIW (ok, probably about £0.0000001) I've often wondered about downloading Tapatalk and viewing NSC via same.

But....

1) As far as my own mobile experience of NSC is concerned;If it ain't broke don't fix it; and

2) It means I have to download another App. I have no idea how resource hungry it is or whether it will do other things to my phone (like make me vote Conservative) that I won't like.

I am sure some of this suspicion is because I'm an old git suspicious of wot I don't know; but it's a no from me!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What happened to NSC on my mobile - a new format that is essentially impossible to use. Thankfully unchanged on my laptop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here