Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC Housekeeping

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, it's not that. I don't have Block third-party cookies turned on. I can't see anything in the settings that would cause this

Anything you have different in these?

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 11.31.36.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 11.32.01.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anything you have different in these?

The only thing that was different was the "Automatically send some system information ...". I've changed that now but I still get the annoying pop-up

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Thank you for NSC Bozza. (That's my entry for brown noser of 2018.)

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
NSC is one of the best football forums available, that's why we have so many other fans visit and stay.

There's a community of football supporters who share all sorts of news and life stories which makes NSC a fun, engaging and entertaining place to interact and gather information without having to meet people or even get dressed. The users rarely post things that are abusive, insensitive or with the intention to offend and that's a credit to the NSC community, which you helped birth and grow, that a forum continues in that way.

Bozza you have created something very impressive and it is appreciated by the majority on its members, please keep up the great work

This!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I too use bog standard Chrome install and get the "continue to site" banner on every page I visit.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hi [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION],
About ever 10 seconds or so this ad information banner keeps popping up even after pressing on the 'Continue to site' button. Is there any way of getting rid of it or am I doomed forever? I use Chrome browser. Cheers.
View attachment 98577

I have never been into my Chrome settings before, so they were set to 'default'. I went into 'settings' - 'site settings' - 'allow ads' and this seems to have stopped the issue. :thumbsup:

Bugger. It's back.......
giphy.gif

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The only thing that was different was the "Automatically send some system information ...". I've changed that now but I still get the annoying pop-up

I too use bog standard Chrome install and get the "continue to site" banner on every page I visit.

I too keep getting that banner every time I go to a new page or refresh the current page.
I'm using Microsoft Edge.

Bugger. It's back.......
View attachment 98614

Can you each try visiting this site multiple times and see if the same happens: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Can you each try visiting this site multiple times and see if the same happens: https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/

I only got the banner the first time on that site. I also got a whopping great advert covering the whole page that I had to close down to even get to the banner.
Now when I go to the site, I get neither the banner, nor a whopping great advert.
Might you need to actually throw an ad to get the cookie to stick?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

I tried 3 visits ( and feel dirty ) the banner came up on the first visit and I clicked Continue to site. Clicked various links on my return and it did not reappear.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I tried 3 visits ( and feel dirty ) the banner came up on the first visit and I clicked Continue to site. Clicked various links on my return and it did not reappear.

Also Bozza, I have both Chrome and Samsung Internet on my tablet and switched to using the Samsung Internet, pressed the button when the banner appeared and it's not been seen since. It may be an issue with the Chrome settings!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've very kind but also a bit mistaken. I've largely ignored NSC and all things Albion for the last 2-3 months which is poor form. Whilst I can make semi-decent excuses for not doing some of the more time-consuming structural things, it's inconsiderate to run a competition and then not sort out the prizes in a timely manner and to not look at my PMs far more frequently.

As it is, I realise I've now committed to a fair few things in quite a short timeframe. Let's see where we are a week from now!

I hope all's well, mon vieux. It would be nice to repeat what we did 20 years ago at some point....although not necessarily at a pub near Victoria station....many thanks for keeping NSC (and the Mailing List) going. As for being late with prizes, I recall when I ran the 'Oh Gary Harty' challenge in the late 90s and early noughties, the final winner never got his signed programme. And when I was treasurer of the SFL I'm not sure my son ever got his cheque for winning the premier league. So you're not the only UTTER lazy ******* on the block :rolleyes::kiss:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
You need to make opt out of advertisers a one click opt out instead of not allowing one ****ing million trackers for each option. This is actually a requirement so you should get on it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I hope all's well, mon vieux. It would be nice to repeat what we did 20 years ago at some point....although not necessarily at a pub near Victoria station....many thanks for keeping NSC (and the Mailing List) going. As for being late with prizes, I recall when I ran the 'Oh Gary Harty' challenge in the late 90s and early noughties, the final winner never got his signed programme. And when I was treasurer of the SFL I'm not sure my son ever got his cheque for winning the premier league. So you're not the only UTTER lazy ******* on the block :rolleyes::kiss:

You after being a mod? :cool:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
How long should i par boil my spuds before roasting .

Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Parboil in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and toss in the pan to roughen the edges. Put a generous tablespoon or so of olive oil or goose fat in a roasting tin and put in oven, until smoking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here