Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once stayed in a hotel in Manchester for work and had to ask reception to remove a traffic cone from the bedroom.
    Not ideal. But would that not have been possible to carry out yourself ?
    "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Also, two B and Bs I stayd in on a road trip in 84. One in Swansea (yes, I know) and another in north Devon somewhere. Both run by grannies who should really have already been dead. The rooms seemed like nobody had set foot in them since the coronation (of George V). As soon as we sat on the beds, clouds of dust that smelt of the 1950s arose, I think it was dust. Could have been the ashes of the long dead. Every crevice was inhabited by spider ghosts. The bed springs were the only things in the place with vigour - leaving a bleedng rusty gouge in my flank by morning. In Swansea the local pub hushed when I had the temerity to enter the public bar with A Woman. **** you, Wales. **** you shit B and Bs and 'hotels'. Burn dem in fiyah.
      �� “should both have already been dead”
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Not ideal. But would that not have been possible to carry out yourself ?
      I was only young to be honest and it my first job.

In my defence it wasn't a case of "what would Elvis Presley do ?" but more I'd better ring reception because traffic cones don't belong in bedrooms.

Oddly the room had been cleaned as well.

Looking back it was obviously a security services recruitment test which I failed miserably.

0 Not allowed!
      The Hope Hotel - Southend seafront early 2000’s
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      1984. Cardiff. Went on a training course and, at the time, you could claim £30 a night lodging allowance;. When you got the course details you also got a list of B&Bs and most people booked the cheapest so you had a few quid to spend on beer. I found one for £8 a night staying with a Mrs Williams. Not saying she was old but she'd probably been in her prime during the war (although which one...).
      Her house was like something you see in those "living museums" in Birmingham & Newcastle, coal fires, 2 watt light bulbs etc.
      Mrs Williams was about three feet high and greeted me with "I don't allow women in the house and I lock the door at eleven."
      After tea of a quarter of a tin of salmon, two potatos and a lettuce leaf I went to the pub.
      Came out of the pub when it shut at ten-thirty, went back to my room and found a bloke asleep in the other bed.
      Next day I found somewhere a bit more expensive.
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

0 Not allowed!
      There are a couple of contenders.

- One near Jardin Des Plantes in Paris 5 years ago which was chosen by our French business hosts. Sheets damp, shower jet came out sideways, heating broken so you had to put on more clothes to got to bed. Cheap cardboard 'wall' meant that I heard every element of my flatulent neighbour's morning ablutions. It was also quite expensive. Trip Advisor called it charmingly bohemian.

- I was touring with my parents in 1971 in empty northern Michigan and it was getting late so we were relieved to see huge signs for 'The Candlelight Inn; Color TV with Pool.' 3 run-down wooden chalets tacked on to a redneck bar with a rusty round tub (the pool) that backed on to a creepy abandoned fairground. Would be a great film set.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by shingle View Post
      Having this discussion with my youngest boy tonight and three come to mind.

3rd . Lakeview guest house in Pushkar, India where a communal shower overflow ran through the room
      2nd. Old city youth hostel in Jerusalem. Room interior visible to anyone in the street who could jump up. Somebody for some reason
      had scrawled on the wall in large letters the word 'WHY'

1st and the winner by a country mile. The central hotel in Macau. Ladies of the night in the lobby, the hotel was a death trap, damp, exposed electricity wires, stains covering carpets, sheets and beds, insects everywhere and the only room ever where I slept in a chair covered in a towel all night.

Anyone got and similar horror stories
      Nooo, I won't have that. There's a place in Eastbourne...

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
      Probably the Ibiza Rocks in San Antonio.We had been using it's predecessor Club Paraiso for years,but the new owners turned it into a Palma Nova-type rat infested tip virtually overnight.
      This is nearby-ish. http://www.cervezaibosim.com/en/beers/

If you’re there tail end July early Aug I’ll even buy you a pint
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Normanton Park Hotel Croydon , I haven't stayed there but spent a day working as a contractor resulting in the theft of a expensive item of equipment .

Check out the reviews of this establishment here :-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...n_England.html
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The Sussex Hotel in Bexhill, booked into stay the night before a wedding. On arriving i was met by some very loud Kareoke in the downstairs bar, went up to the desk to check in and was asked to sign a blank piece of paper to confirm my stay.

Went up to the room and was met by the worlds oldest bed and sheets that didnt look like they had ever been changed. Kareoke went on till 3am including a local singing who had no teeth.

On heading down for breakfast in the morning, the staff were wearing the same clothes from the night before and plonked a plate in front of me that consisted of beans and a piece of bacon that looked like it had been regurgitated by a previous occupant.

Some interesting reviews here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...x_England.html