Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

The worst hotel you've ever stayed in

0 Not allowed!
    Having this discussion with my youngest boy tonight and three come to mind.

3rd . Lakeview guest house in Pushkar, India where a communal shower overflow ran through the room
    2nd. Old city youth hostel in Jerusalem. Room interior visible to anyone in the street who could jump up. Somebody for some reason
    had scrawled on the wall in large letters the word 'WHY'

1st and the winner by a country mile. The central hotel in Macau. Ladies of the night in the lobby, the hotel was a death trap, damp, exposed electricity wires, stains covering carpets, sheets and beds, insects everywhere and the only room ever where I slept in a chair covered in a towel all night.

Anyone got and similar horror stories

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Queens Hotel, Bournemouth. The only time I left a booking to someone else. A dump, 1960’s rooms and we got no sleep due to noisy stag parties. Slagged off by hundreds of ex guests on tripadvisor, where the long term manager Daniel sarcastically fights back against every single one. The customer is most definitely not King at this dive.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by shingle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Having this discussion with my youngest boy tonight and three come to mind.

3rd . Lakeview guest house in Pushkar, India where a communal shower overflow ran through the room
      2nd. Old city youth hostel in Jerusalem. Room interior visible to anyone in the street who could jump up. Somebody for some reason
      had scrawled on the wall in large letters the word 'WHY'

1st and the winner by a country mile. The central hotel in Macau. Ladies of the night in the lobby, the hotel was a death trap, damp, exposed electricity wires, stains covering carpets, sheets and beds, insects everywhere and the only room ever where I slept in a chair covered in a towel all night.

Anyone got and similar horror stories
      Pretty certain I stayed in Lakeview, Push(y)kar too. Otherwise, my outstanding memory is Annie's Place in Brisbane. Beds so hard they hurt and so checked out at 5am...well the bin lorries reversing and crashing around outside our ground floor window meant we were up anyway
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      Utter cesspit in Azerbaijan 2004 England away. It was more like an abandoned industrial unit in the middle of nowhere.
      We've come here to pay our respects to Great Aunt Nellie. She brought us up properly and taught us loyalty
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Went to Spain with family years ago, in a lovely 4* hotel, private beach etc, beautiful.
      Final day, checked out, in our way to the airport when we get told the engine had come loose on the plane so there would be a delay (turns out it was a 36 hour delay!) So they put us in a place close to the airport. I've never seen anything like it.
      The first thing we saw was the pool, which was bright green and stunk of rotten eggs, the rooms were disgusting, fold up metal beds with no bedding, blood and urine stains on the mattress, smashed windows and no curtains, cockroaches and fleas, no air con, toilets had never been cleaned by the look of them. Just plain rancid.
      We camped out on the pavement out front, it was cleaner and more comfortable.
      ''At times, Brighton looked so comfortable they could have been settling into an armchair with a nice mug of hot tea and a plate of biscuits.''

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bridger View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Utter cesspit in Azerbaijan 2004 England away. It was more like an abandoned industrial unit in the middle of nowhere.
      What were you expecting for a country only discovered in the 90s? You're lucky you got any hay to sleep on! Bravo by the way, hardcore following us there
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Probably the Ibiza Rocks in San Antonio.We had been using it's predecessor Club Paraiso for years,but the new owners turned it into a Palma Nova-type rat infested tip virtually overnight.
      JUST GET ON WITH IT.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Hotel Cecile Monaco. Stayed there twice through motor racing. Brown bath water, my room was at top.of hotel which needed three hits of a timed light switch, fine if you're sober impossible with too much vino collapso. Food was inedible. Bed was hard with a duvet that weighed a ton.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed!
      The Adelphi in Liverpool. This is the review one of our party left on trip adviser after the Liverpool game in May.

I have never stayed in a hotel quite like the Adelphi, ever. I have stayed in some hell holes too. Me, my dad and his friends booked a night in the Adelphi whilst in Liverpool for the football. inflated price of £240 per room as the football was on, was in excusable. Beside the hotel image and decor being repulsive, the room we were unfortunately given (456) was tiny, 2 single beds squashed together. Boiling hot, wondows wouldn't open and the air con was out of action. I had to sleep on the covers because I was close to medium rare at this point, boiling. The shower was laughable too temperatures; boiling or freezing. You have to run around the shower to get wet, felt dirtier when I left the bathroom. The breakfast was an absolute car crash. Absolutely disgusting, trip advisor doesn't allow enough characters for me to express the horror of the breakfast. Staff wouldn't clean the table, we sat and ate next to dirty plates, finally after persisting the waitress did move them. Staff moved one party member to a different room after we complained, but could do nothing for us (456). The prison cell should be valued at £50 tops regardless if the footballs on, luckily I had a few drinks before going back to the cell so I could manage. The place needs far more than a lick of paint and some TLC it is disgusting. Old, Drab, Dirty. Horrendous is being polite. Do not stay here, unless you have lost a bet!
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Took a holiday at the golf hotel near Land's end 15 years ago. Room so small that it was hard to walk round the bed. Very thin walls, and after 20 minutes or so of unbelievable droney bollocks we had to tell the bloke on his mobile in the next room to shut the f'uck up or we would have to kill him and eat him (no late night catering). Off like a shot the next day to a tolerable B and B near Penzance.
      Last edited by Harry Wilson's tackle; 10-07-2018 at 22:37.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre