Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ronaldo to Juventus.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He did a full biological analysis last season and his biological age was, allegedly, 24.

He's got years left in him but the truth is that this purchase is with a nod to the shirt sales markets in Asia, €105million will be recouped this season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I expect this signing will really see Juventus kick on, from comfortably winning their domestic league and not quite having enough to win the Chalpions League to err...comfortably winning their domestic league and not quite having enough to win the Chalpions League

:shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Incredible but I guess the merch will make it worthwhile for everyone involved.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
No doubt the accountants have worked out the return on marketing revenues, and other associated increases in revenue, but a lot and no doubt still substantial wages to consider.

Jive share price already jumped 200m€ and he hasn't even signed yet - he's already paid for,,,,

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He did a full biological analysis last season and his biological age was, allegedly, 24.

He's got years left in him but the truth is that this purchase is with a nod to the shirt sales markets in Asia, €105million will be recouped this season.

Whether its ManU, Juve or the Albion, 85% to 90% of shirt sale revenue goes to the manufacturer (as discussed before on NSC). The financial panacea of kit sales, gets exaggerated by some.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jive share price already jumped 200m€ and he hasn't even signed yet - he's already paid for,,,,

That money won't translate to revenue though will it? The share price could only recoup funds if you sold shares. It makes money for someone if they sell, not sure you can say it pays for the player, it is shareholders and investors betting on Ronaldo having an impact on Juve's revenue, it isn't money the club suddenly has.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That money won't translate to revenue though will it? The share price could only recoup funds if you sold shares. It makes money for someone if they sell, not sure you can say it pays for the player, it is shareholders and investors betting on Ronaldo having an impact on Juve's revenue, it isn't money the club suddenly has.

Thank you for your knowledgeable post. An increase in share price is irrelevant to Juve's operations and football budget.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whether its ManU, Juve or the Albion, 85% to 90% of shirt sale revenue goes to the manufacturer (as discussed before on NSC). The financial panacea of kit sales, gets exaggerated by some.

But the kit manufacturers pay a huge amount to make the kit of the big clubs. Juve will most likely renegotiate their deal with Adidas on the back of Adidas knowing their 85% is about to get a whole lot bigger. Adidas pay ManUtd £75m per year just to be allowed to make their kit - it's hardly small change.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's not just shirt sales though - Ronaldo's face will be plastered across all of their tat. They'll know how to make the cash money back on this deal.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Where was Tony in all of this eh?

Yet again, too late in the transfer market every bloody season.

It’s deadline day for us again I fear.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But the kit manufacturers pay a huge amount to make the kit of the big clubs. Juve will most likely renegotiate their deal with Adidas on the back of Adidas knowing their 85% is about to get a whole lot bigger. Adidas pay ManUtd £75m per year just to be allowed to make their kit - it's hardly small change.

A fixed sum.

Whatever the club, talk of shirt sales from a star signing directly raising mega sums for the club, is lazy and always factually incorrect.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a very good and well written article, but it is quite short termist. Those deals get re-negotiated every few years and I'm sure the club will make certain promises about marquee signings which are factored into the price, and the club will be very well aware of the upturn in sales for the manufacturer because of this deal.

I don't think it's wrong in any context to say that this deal will be financially beneficial for Juventus.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a very good and well written article, but it is quite short termist. Those deals get re-negotiated every few years and I'm sure the club will make certain promises about marquee signings which are factored into the price, and the club will be very well aware of the upturn in sales for the manufacturer because of this deal.

I don't think it's wrong in any context to say that this deal will be financially beneficial for Juventus.

Or, the wages and fee, will not be matched by increased income, as with every football transfer in history. That is, it costs.

But Juve hope this gives them that bit extra, to win the CL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here