Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final

Who do you want to win?/ Who do you think will win?

• France/France

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • France/Belgium

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Belgium/Belgium

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Belgium/France

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think we can all agree that it's irrelevant who wins because either way football is coming home.

BUT if the footballing gods are truly looking down on us, a bruising encounter which goes to extra time with the winning team limping home despite having had five players injured and two red cards would be very welcome.

My money is firmly on France to win, but I'll be cheering on Belgium I think as they have less to scare us up front than France I'd say.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am watching this on a big screen in a French village tonight. I am an Allen Les Bleus fan tonight. I hope I am not one on Sunday too :smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we can all agree that it's irrelevant who wins because either way football is coming home.

BUT if the footballing gods are truly looking down on us, a bruising encounter which goes to extra time with the winning team limping home despite having had five players injured and two red cards would be very welcome.

My money is firmly on France to win, but I'll be cheering on Belgium I think as they have less to scare us up front than France I'd say.

Let's just concentrate on our own semi-final tomorrow first please?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed, I'd like to see doctors saving the lives of the key members of the winning team, who will return home tomorrow as heroes.

Let's just concentrate on our own semi-final tomorrow first please?
Oh yeah.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Completely the opposite, in my opinion. De Bruyne. Hazard and Lukaku are as good a front three as it gets in international football.

I'll be watching in France. A France v England final would be brilliant.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Really torn between who I want to win.
Let's say we get to the final (of course we will, it's coming home of course) I keep thinking Belgium is the easier of the two, but then I start thinking about De Bruyne and Hazard and it scares the crap out of me. But I think France are a little pacier (?) And more of a threat up front so I really can't decide.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Really torn between who I want to win.
Let's say we get to the final (of course we will, it's coming home of course) I keep thinking Belgium is the easier of the two, but then I start thinking about De Bruyne and Hazard and it scares the crap out of me. But I think France are a little pacier (?) And more of a threat up front so I really can't decide.

For me I fear the pace of France more than I fear the talent of De Bruyne and Hazard. I think they are known quantities to us and our players will have played against them several times. The French attack is raw pace and more unknown, it scares me just thinking about it. But of course football is still coming home.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think Belgium are the better of the 2. France look very machine like in their style of football, something England might be able to cope better with than Belgium's individual brilliance.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
France win please.

The Belgium back three would deal with our threat from set pieces much better than the likes of Umiti, Pavard & Hernandez would IMO.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I see our path here.

Belgium to upset France.

England to squeeze past Croatia.

England beat Belgium, in the game of the century, to win the World Cup.

This might be possible. Maybe.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Poll(s) added to cover who you want to win and who you think will win, which may be different, possibly.

I've voted Belgium/France.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
France win, for my French friends, and because we had a wonderful time over there a couple of weeks ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here