Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final

Who do you want to win?/ Who do you think will win?

• France/France

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • France/Belgium

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Belgium/Belgium

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Belgium/France

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Blimey, Danny Murphy just can't get over how good the French are, can he?

edit: If we win tomorrow I'm not sure he'll know who to support, the tedious prick.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I haven't read the thread - it's probably already been mentioned - but when are the commentators going to start calling out Mbappe for his cheating? Does he get a pass because he's talented and young?

And why didn't the ref add on at least 30 seconds for the sub in added time? There was a minute between a free kick at the start of added time, the sub, and the free kick being taken.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Another GOLDEN GENERATION fail to go all the way.

It’s not just an English trait.

Kind of feel sorry for them getting stuck with Martinez, reckon your average twelve year old could have set that squad up better tonight, never mind.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Kind of feel sorry for them getting stuck with Martinez, reckon your average twelve year old could have set that squad up better tonight, never mind.

??? the manager got them to the semi final and tactically little wrong, undone by one moment and kept out by a resolute French defense.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another GOLDEN GENERATION fail to go all the way.

It’s not just an English trait.

GG must be, along with Legend, the most over used phrase/term in football! Sick of it, any team with a half decent kitman gets tagged GG. Read some millennial banging on about the GG of 1990 earlier! FFS, we didn't use such stupid tags back then. There was no GG. Just a decent team that started slowly and then nearly made it all the way.

Morale of this story is: Oi! MILLENNIALS!! Stop labelling everything a GG! :tantrum:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
GG must be, along with Legend, the most over used phrase/term in football! Sick of it, any team with a half decent kitman gets tagged GG. Read some millennial banging on about the GG of 1990 earlier! FFS, we didn't use such stupid tags back then. There was no GG. Just a decent team that started slowly and then nearly made it all the way.

Morale of this story is: Oi! MILLENNIALS!! Stop labelling everything a GG! :tantrum:

I assume this is a bit tongue-in-cheek, given you yourself are using the MILLENNIALS label.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Massive aftertiming if I voted now but that result's not a shock, is it, and I wanted Belguim.

We need to concentrate on tomorrow 100%. IF we get through then we need to play our natural game against the French. They'll probably score with their pace but we'll probably score with a set piece. Let's not forget Japan should have beaten Belgium's first team. Score early against France and it's on. But we have to get there. 100% focus on Croatia please.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I assume this is a bit tongue-in-cheek, given you yourself are using the MILLENNIALS label.

eh? Nothing wrong with using a term. It's over use and in football, GG & Legend are two of the worst offenders!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here