Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final

Who do you want to win?/ Who do you think will win?

• France/France

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • France/Belgium

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Belgium/Belgium

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Belgium/France

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Pogba was magnificent tonight as he has been for most of the tournament. He needs to get away from Mourinho for the good of his career.

France overall were superb, totally professional as they have been all tournament. They also seem to have another couple of gears. They will be massive favourites in the final whatever happens tomorrow night.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
eh? Nothing wrong with using a term. It's over use and in football, GG & Legend are two of the worst offenders!

So is millennial. It's completely meaningless and overused. I was born in 1984, and I have very little in common with someone who was born in 1999. For some reason we get lumped into the same category though.

I find it just as irritating and pointless as using legend or golden generation.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't read the thread - it's probably already been mentioned - but when are the commentators going to start calling out Mbappe for his cheating? Does he get a pass because he's talented and young?

And why didn't the ref add on at least 30 seconds for the sub in added time? There was a minute between a free kick at the start of added time, the sub, and the free kick being taken.

Going behind in modern football, whether it be PL or internationals, is a bit of a nightmare.

The French took 90 seconds to take a bog standard free kick on about the 90 minute mark. Mbappe separately making off with the ball.

And all the BBC duo would say was well you can’t blame them.

Rugby Union dealt with this many years ago, by adding on every second of game stopped time. The clock is stopped immediately.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wanted to get revenge over Belgium for their reserves beating our reserves in the group stages. I don't want that to happen in the third place play-off match though.........

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So is millennial. It's completely meaningless and overused. I was born in 1984, and I have very little in common with someone who was born in 1999. For some reason we get lumped into the same category though.

I find it just as irritating and pointless as using legend or golden generation.

But it's a) not used in football and b) is a widely used demographic grouping just the same as baby boomer or generation 'x'!! Apart from that, you may have a point :lolol::bigwave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
France were better and exceptional in defence, however they underperformed in the Euros final recently

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pogba was magnificent tonight as he has been for most of the tournament. He needs to get away from Mourinho for the good of his career.

France overall were superb, totally professional as they have been all tournament. They also seem to have another couple of gears. They will be massive favourites in the final whatever happens tomorrow night.

Shame Mbeppe is an old pro already when it comes to cheating. It's been the most disappointing trait of the world cup. FIFA have condoned it too.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
But it's a) not used in football and b) is a widely used demographic grouping just the same as baby boomer or generation 'x'!! Apart from that, you may have a point :lolol::bigwave:

a) I never said it was used in football.
b) That's the whole point I was making. We're talking about overused, but largely meaningless labels.

I completely agree with you on GG and legend. You just highlighted a label which annoys you by using a label which annoys me!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
‘Massive’

Massive game/performance/tackle/goal/equaliser.......

I did laugh when Danny Murphy said 'he's unbelievable...I can't think of ANY other word to describe him'. We all knew he was simply underlining how good a player he is but at the same time I did think 'well Danny, there are many other words you could use, but footballers do like to over use the same ones...like 'massive' as you say!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did laugh when Danny Murphy said 'he's unbelievable...I can't think of ANY other word to describe him'. We all knew he was simply underlining how good a player he is but at the same time I did think 'well Danny, there are many other words you could use, but footballers do like to over use the same ones...like 'massive' as you say!

In fairness to Murphy, he was distracted. Frantically searching the Grindr app, for “Mbappe”.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
a) I never said it was used in football.
b) That's the whole point I was making. We're talking about overused, but largely meaningless labels.

I completely agree with you on GG and legend. You just highlighted a label which annoys you by using a label which annoys me!

Is it meaningless? Or a recognised demographic grouping? Where's legend is ridiculously subjective as is GG. Whatever, we all belong to one generation grouping however much we might dislike. I blame the UN office of statistics...:moo:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In fairness to Murphy, he was distracted. Frantically searching the Grindr app, for “Mbappe”.

couldn't be arsed to look up his spelling. His fault for being FOREIGN and not called something easy to spell like SMYTH.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Quite honestly,didn't think either team would bother England that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here