Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final

Who do you want to win?/ Who do you think will win?

• France/France

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • France/Belgium

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Belgium/Belgium

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Belgium/France

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Belgium had more potential match winners (hazard, Lukaku, de bruyne, Fellaini) and star performers who on their day could either beat us or stop us scoring. France have a few but play better as a team. If we beat Croatia it’ll be down to whoever turns up on the day. Pogba will be the one to stop.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only 3 pages. Not much of a threat for Croatia....or....England. Nothing much to see there :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ahhhhhh, yes I saw that. Was pretty stupid really as the French were going to the corner anyway, Belgium wafting their own time :facepalm:

It happened before that, especially the free kick to the left of the French goal, which could have resulted in a second goal.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I did laugh when Danny Murphy said 'he's unbelievable...I can't think of ANY other word to describe him'. We all knew he was simply underlining how good a player he is but at the same time I did think 'well Danny, there are many other words you could use, but footballers do like to over use the same ones...like 'massive' as you say!

Sometimes he pretends he's speechless when describing a players good performance. 'Brainless' would be a lot more of an honest excuse.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Never minding specific actions in tonight's semi, even 'assuming' we get past Croatia, it will be a monstrous task to defeat France in the WC final. I just worry a bit about our defence against their obvious attacking threats.

Let's just think about Croatia for now !!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never minding specific actions in tonight's semi, even 'assuming' we get past Croatia, it will be a monstrous task to defeat France in the WC final. I just worry a bit about our defence against their obvious attacking threats.

Let's just think about Croatia for now !!

Quite. Talk about cart before the horse. Tomorrow is THE biggest game in English football since...last Saturday :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If we get to the final, this could be great revenge for what they did to Admiral Horatio Nelson. No apology either. Typical French!

Come on England!

attachment.php

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If we get to the final, this could be great revenge for what they did to Admiral Horatio Nelson. No apology either. Typical French!

Come on England!

What ! - You mean it would be 'one in the eye' for the French - always assuming that we get there of course !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Going behind in modern football, whether it be PL or internationals, is a bit of a nightmare.

The French took 90 seconds to take a bog standard free kick on about the 90 minute mark. Mbappe separately making off with the ball.

And all the BBC duo would say was well you can’t blame them.

Rugby Union dealt with this many years ago, by adding on every second of game stopped time. The clock is stopped immediately.

Stopping the clock is surely the easiest and most effective way of stopping such time wasting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here