Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No surprise we looked poor after he went off. He was our only threat tonight.

Kane had a shocker, looked unfit all game.
    Strangely, Kane was anonymous tonight and didn't really show vs. Sweden either. This WC I was looking forward to him bursting onto through balls and striking them from the edge of the box into the bottom corner like he does in the Premier League, week in week out.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

Raheem Sterling - Pundits v Fans

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      Strangely, Kane was anonymous tonight and didn't really show vs. Sweden either. This WC I was looking forward to him bursting onto through balls and striking them from the edge of the box into the bottom corner like he does in the Premier League, week in week out.
      I thought he did well against Sweden holding the ball up and causing a nuisance but tonight he didn’t look right. Looked nervous and unfit, his touch wasn’t there at all.

I felt sorry for Sterling as he was really stretching their defence and causing trouble for them but he had no support whatsoever.

1 Not allowed!
      I thought he did well against Sweden holding the ball up and causing a nuisance but tonight he didn’t look right. Looked nervous and unfit, his touch wasn’t there at all.

I felt sorry for Sterling as he was really stretching their defence and causing trouble for them but he had no support whatsoever.
      He has also had no end product. Pick your game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      I think 2018/19 is a key season for Sterling. City have just bought Mahrez and Raheem may find himself on the bench, he may not win his place back so he has to start producing for England.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!

Good summary. Sterling definitely turned up tonight, made great breaks, but there was a lack of England bodies around him.

Kane looked knackered and allowed inferior players to boss him. (Just this once)

Alli and a Lingard went missing. Perhaps too busy, sucked into the battle against world class Modric and Rakitic?

2 Not allowed!
      Kane and Sterling is a forward line England can build a decent team around in the coming years.

The trouble is going to be finding adequate back ups because your first change striker is a key position in the squad and Vardy will be too old by the next tournament and Rashford will remain useless until he learns to do something other than try to beat every man by himself.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      Looked like the Harry Kane that played at the Amex.

0 Not allowed!
      He didn't score again

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      As a 2nd striker you need goals and or assists to back up how well you play. Pascal Gross a good example last season.
      Head in the clouds Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Personally, I think Sterling has been utterly pointless in this tournament. He has contributed nothing positive at all, barely created a chance and really has failed to contribute to the team and that's not acceptable. He's a hogger, he doesn't offer a final ball and although his work rate is great and he does make threatening runs - those attributes just aren't enough to justify getting in the team when a player who contributes is sat on the bench in Marcus Rashford. Rashford should start against Belgium and Sterling shouldn't be considered a regular England player unless he starts to perform for England, which he hasn't for years.

Personally, I felt that Rashford when he came on was all the things Sterling wasn't - directly involved in trying to make something happen in the game. I was disappointed he hasn't had more of an opportunity to play, I feel like he would have added goals and assists and been just as threatening to the defences we came up against.