Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
if you don't like him , ignore him .........oh but it's your right to protest , recently a member of the house of lords was jailed for 12 weeks for killing someone on a motorway in England , he was texting and hit a stationary car killing one of the occupants......12 weeks and yet another bloke gets over a year for contempt of court........would you say that was worthy of a bit of a protest or tell me , has it been made public ...?? perhaps hushed up a little bit ..??

The prominent Labour peer Lord Ahmed of Rotherham was jailed for 12 weeks today after admitting sending texts while driving shortly before his Jaguar ploughed into a stationary car on the M1, killing its driver.

He was sent straight to the cells from Sheffield crown court after a judge described his texting as "prolonged, deliberate, repeated and highly dangerous", even though it was not directly linked to the accident.

Ahmed, 51, will serve half the sentence behind bars and the rest on licence. His solicitor said he would appeal against the sentence, claiming the peer was being made a "scapegoat" because of his profile.

His position in the House of Lords will not be affected.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
if you don't like him , ignore him .........oh but it's your right to protest , recently a member of the house of lords was jailed for 12 weeks for killing someone on a motorway in England , he was texting and hit a stationary car killing one of the occupants......12 weeks and yet another bloke gets over a year for contempt of court........would you say that was worthy of a bit of a protest or tell me , has it been made public ...?? perhaps hushed up a little bit ..??

You appear to be rambling.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
People were stockpiling bottles of piss for when he was supposed to visit previously. Thats probably more of a concern. :lol:

Those bottles must REALLY hum now!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Recently? It was over nine years ago which might explain why it isn’t in the headlines at the moment!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i'm saying you are being spoon fed shit to protest about that doesn't matter in the scheme of things ......apart from the " right" to protest of course.

Nope. Made up my own mind about Trump.
Nope. I don't think it's shit to protest about, he's an absolute disgrace, and potentially a fecking dangerous one.
Nope. I will not be at the protest, and didn't take this as a call for me to join the protest.
Nope. In the great scheme of things, I think the POTUS being Trump is actually HUGE in the great scheme of things.

Other than that .... spot on!

:thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
You're embarrassed.....

Isn't that, you know....a bit "snowflakey"?

God I hate that word.

I’m not personally embarrassed, but embarrassed for our country on the world stage. I have no love for Trump but this is just pathetic and childish. The words laughing stock spring to mind, but I expect that you hate those too.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nope. Made up my own mind about Trump.
Nope. I don't think it's shit to protest about, he's an absolute disgrace, and potentially a fecking dangerous one.
Nope. I will not be at the protest, and didn't take this as a call for me to join the protest.
Nope. In the great scheme of things, I think the POTUS being Trump is actually HUGE in the great scheme of things.

Other than that .... spot on!

:thumbsup:

fair enough.....you are entitled to your opinion , i think the bloke is a clown and to be honest i thought he would have got a bullet by now .....but i wouldn't walk across the street to protest against his visit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
to be honest i thought he would have got a bullet by now ....

Right with you on that. All the fuss about impeachment is all good fun, but I honestly think he ends up getting shot .... or perhaps confined to a mental hospital, as I genuinely think the lift has stopped going to any of the upper floors for a while now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What legal reason could the mayor give to ban it?

I'm sure there is no legal reason but I can't believe its the route the Mayor of London should be taking. I'm guessing he would veto a giant 'Up Yours Delores' flag when Macron pops over, the playing of the South Korea V Germany game on all big screens on a loop in London when Merkel comes or a giant inflatable Putin in a nappy if Vlad were to pop over. All of these scenarios are equally as puerile as the Trump one but it seems that everyone thinks its quite funny when it is in fact 4th rate comedy just because its Trump and 'We don't like him' .We're quite imaginative in this country. Surely we could come up with something better if we really want to protest and what exactly are we expecting to achieve anyway? Like it or not its handy to have the Americans as an ally which is far better than a giant blimp in the air but perhaps that's just me.

Khan has allowed this because it's personal. It wouldn't be allowed for any other leader of any other country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here