Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Great piece in The Stun today, who lets the Donald talk without a chaperone ?

Ex-Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great" future prime minister

London Mayor Sadiq Khan had done "a bad job" on terrorism and crime

"I used to love London as a city. I haven’t been there in a long time. But when they make you feel unwelcome, why would I stay there?"

The Queen is "a tremendous woman" who "has really never made a mistake"

Theresa May is "a very good woman" and he denied calling her "a bossy schoolteacher"

Additionally I heard an ex US ambassador to the UK extolling the fact that he wished Mr Trump would use more appropriate language sometimes but said he was sure there " Is a lot of mutual respect between Trump and May …. " Please, how can Trump, champion of the Good Deal, respect someone who threw away her majority and has failed to lead this country in any direction except downhill and shedding Ministers along the way ? as for May, how can she " Respect " someone who's lack of grace and intelligence are, well, Trumps ? …. Insane world we live in.

It just amazes me how anyone can give any credence to anything he says. The only thing half sensible that he came out within that interview was that the Queen is a decent woman.

What would his reaction be if senior European politicians were telling him how to run his country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It just amazes me how anyone can give any credence to anything he says. The only thing half sensible that he came out within that interview was that the Queen is a decent woman.

What would his reaction be if senior European politicians were telling him how to run his country.

I know, an absolute laughing stock, yes, but he is right about Her Maj, even a broken clock is right twice a day !

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Great piece in The Stun today, who lets the Donald talk without a chaperone ?

Ex-Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make a "great" future prime minister

London Mayor Sadiq Khan had done "a bad job" on terrorism and crime

"I used to love London as a city. I haven’t been there in a long time. But when they make you feel unwelcome, why would I stay there?"

The Queen is "a tremendous woman" who "has really never made a mistake"

Theresa May is "a very good woman" and he denied calling her "a bossy schoolteacher"

Additionally I heard an ex US ambassador to the UK extolling the fact that he wished Mr Trump would use more appropriate language sometimes but said he was sure there " Is a lot of mutual respect between Trump and May …. " Please, how can Trump, champion of the Good Deal, respect someone who threw away her majority and has failed to lead this country in any direction except downhill and shedding Ministers along the way ? as for May, how can she " Respect " someone who's lack of grace and intelligence are, well, Trumps ? …. Insane world we live in.

Unreal isn't he. The bit that really gets me : referring directly to Khan: “I think he has done a very bad job on terrorism. I think he has done a bad job on crime, if you look, all of the horrible things going on there, with all of the crime that is being brought in.”

Some people in the US, including their president, just do not care that school children and others are getting gunned down weekly do they?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Why is it ok to protest about Trump but ignore far worse in Assad & Putin & Kim yong etc

I think Trump often speaks in a crude way and much of what he says I don't agree with. However he does have a point about mass immigration that isn't controlled and aren't people fleeing persecution as that is different. However the point I'm trying to make is that he hasn't killed anyone- or locked up his political enemies.

There are plenty of world leaders 100 x worse than Trump- take Putin or Assad for example.

Why are there no large scale protests about these type of leaders?

Seems very selective to me and political the protests about Trump no doubt organised by the Corbyn communist brigade

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
.....and the grand State visit by the Chinese leader..... hypocritical fools.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Trump often speaks in a crude way and much of what he says I don't agree with. However he does have a point about mass immigration that isn't controlled and aren't people fleeing persecution as that is different. However the point I'm trying to make is that he hasn't killed anyone- or locked up his political enemies.

There are plenty of world leaders 100 x worse than Trump- take Putin or Assad for example.

Seems very selective to me and political the protests about Trump no doubt organised by the Corbyn communist brigade

I presume you’d missed the 10 page current thread about the Trump protests so I’ve merged this for you.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I agree. It amuses me in an ironic way, the women protesting about Trump's behavior. I would bet that they weren't protesting when the Saudi leader visited London recently.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is imo a moron who is right a small amount of the time but whose behaviour is imo unacceptable a lot of the time. However it's the inconsistency I am interested in.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unreal isn't he. The bit that really gets me : referring directly to Khan: “I think he has done a very bad job on terrorism. I think he has done a bad job on crime, if you look, all of the horrible things going on there, with all of the crime that is being brought in.”

Some people in the US, including their president, just do not care that school children and others are getting gunned down weekly do they?

Gunning down schoolkids obviously does not count as " terrorism " that's some " sick guy " in Trumps world.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

If Putin and Assad visit London, I imagine there will be protests. Dont be silly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

There were protests, but not as much publicity about the protests because they were boring protests.

Sadiq Khan has just given a very dignified interview on the BBC and pointed out the Spitting Image programme in the 80s had a very unflattering puppet for Ronald Reagan.
I don't remember him throwing a hissy fit about it.

Sadiq wouldn't be drawn on Trump's undemocratic baiting of him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree. It amuses me in an ironic way, the women protesting about Trump's behavior. I would bet that they weren't protesting when the Saudi leader visited London recently.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is imo a moron who is right a small amount of the time but whose behaviour is imo unacceptable a lot of the time. However it's the inconsistency I am interested in.

People have protested at plenty of other leaders but you have to remember that Trump is the most high profile leader in the world so it can only be expected that if there are protests against him there would be more interest.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What I find amusing is asking people who parrot Trump's "the media is fake news" crap where they get their news from. You never get an answer out of them.
]

Well you obviously read dodgy news outlets to as you thought Trump called all immigrants animals when he was referring to MS-13.

So maybe the outlet you got that from is peddling fake news? Who was it by the way?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I rather doubt Johnson will use the Trump endorsement in his leadership campaign.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Not sure the relevance here.
In the west, men who sexually harass women (physically, and mentally) are sex offenders, and usually end up in prison not in Presidential office. Has there been any sexual harassment charges laid against the Saudi King?
Has the Saudi King made payments to women to keep quiet?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The wonderful thing is that, whereas our view of most world leaders is clouded to a degree by the media, Trump uses Twitter so we can all see with total clarity what an utterly reprehensible moron he is. And we have his speeches (and recorded comments) to further cement his sexist, homophobic, misogynistic, egotistical credentials. No fake news here.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not sure the relevance here.
In the west, men who sexually harass women (physically, and mentally) are sex offenders, and usually end up in prison not in Presidential office. Has there been any sexual harassment charges laid against the Saudi King?
Has the Saudi King made payments to women to keep quiet?

No they aren't apparently. We'd already had a sexual predator for US President in modern times and his popularity went up after he was exposed.

The Saudi King resides over a nation that puts women to death for adultery. You're not seriously comparing the two are you?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No they aren't apparently. We'd already had a sexual predator for US President in modern times and his popularity went up after he was exposed.

The Saudi King resides over a nation that puts women to death for adultery. You're not seriously comparing the two are you?

No, Im comparing the individuals, as is everybody else on this thread. People are not protesting against the office, but the incumbent.

Also, there is a bit of a slight difference between consensual sexual activity and uninvited sexual activity. Maybe its different where you live.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The wonderful thing is that, whereas our view of most world leaders is clouded to a degree by the media, Trump uses Twitter so we can all see with total clarity what an utterly reprehensible moron he is. And we have his speeches (and recorded comments) to further cement his sexist, homophobic, misogynistic, egotistical credentials. No fake news here.

This, really.

What we know of most public figures, is what is presented to us by the media, in all its forms. I do have some sympathy with the notion, that in some cases that presentation is very likely a distortion of the real person. Sometimes that distortion is deliberate - agenda driven.

Witness the coverage of Raheem Sterling's gun tattoo, versus the coverage of his financial and personal support of the area he was raised, in the aftermath of the Grenfell tragedy, or the amplified mudslinging in the right wing press over Gary Lineker's tax affairs, as a response to his increasingly (liberal) political pronunciations.

And this phenomenon is certainly true of Trump. One faction of the media will maximize coverage of the stories that paint him in a bad light, or showcase perceived hypocrisy (like the application made this week by his resort hotel, to be allowed special approval to employ scores of cheap foreign workers, for example), whilst another will trumpet perceived successes, and approval ratings.

However, with Trump, much as there is a huge amount of media / social-media noise, we actually DO know exactly what he is about. We know what he represents. We know what his core values are. We know what a thin skin he has. We know who and what he approves of. We know who and what he doesn't approve of. We know all of this, because we have heard all of it directly from his mouth, and his tweeting fingers.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Hmm, some people in this country dont care that 1000s of school children have been groomed by violent gangs of sexual predators for years with the organs of the state rendedered powerless to stop it. Ive yet to see the feminist crowd organising protests for these downtrodden sisters.

You think our politicians love our kids just because they are not being shot.....madness.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Hmm, some people in this country dont care that 1000s of school children have been groomed by violent gangs of sexual predators for years with the organs of the state rendedered powerless to stop it. Ive yet to see the feminist crowd organising for these sisters.

You think our politicians love our kids because they are being shot?

What horseshit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here