Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's some rose tinted specs you have. Quite amazing.

The use of the word 'tinted' would suggest there is some blurred vision through the glasses but to not see that Trump has done anything wrong would suggest he has been completely blinded by the thorns of the rose!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There has already been a giant inflatable Trump outside the White House.

As others have already said, what grounds has Khan got to deny the request? The far-right are trying to raise enough money for an inflatable Khan, which is also fair enough.
Are they negotiating what it should look like and whether it should be a hard look or a soft look.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Peaceful protest all part of our system etc but I wonder what the chances are that a march by the EDL or football lads alliance would be allowed to fly an inflatable Mohammed in London or anywhere else for that matter.... :whistle:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Peaceful protest all part of our system etc but I wonder what the chances are that a march by the EDL or football lads alliance would be allowed to fly an inflatable Mohammed in London or anywhere else for that matter.... :whistle:

I'm desperate to know how, in your opinion, that is in any way similar.

That's quite a jump. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Depends what you want to see and what your political agenda is :)

Personally I think he's doing a superb job and to get a western leader who isn't controlled by the media is a breath of fresh air.Yes he's a nob at times but he doesn't fack around and will do a great job.

Let's face it the far left will never be happy and it's just as well as the ones middle to right have a better understanding of life and what's required.

:wozza::hilton::laugh:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don’t think that with the volatile state that the world is in, that it is a laughing matter, unless you’re the leaders of Russia or China who will be splitting their sides at the prospect of the USA and its allies falling apart.

that.......with one of the chief protagonists being the mayor of our capital city......mind you the trump / khan balloon off would be pure comedy gold and completely turn the situation into a circus for malcontents.

D

Deleted member 22389

Depends what you want to see and what your political agenda is :)

Personally I think he's doing a superb job and to get a western leader who isn't controlled by the media is a breath of fresh air.Yes he's a nob at times but he doesn't fack around and will do a great job.

Let's face it the far left will never be happy and it's just as well as the ones middle to right have a better understanding of life and what's required.

I think he's doing a great job too. Nice to see someone follow through on what they promised.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Not quite #Je suis Charlie but maybe you should crowd fund it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
not really , it's a hypothetical situation that would never be allowed to happen as it would deeply offend too many people of a certain ilk....so it would appear that in this case what is sauce for the goose is not necessarily sauce for the gander.

The major difference in the scenario you were defending is that fun would be being made against a religious figure, so could be seen as a religious hate crime.

Poking fun at Donald Trump doesn’t fall into that category, so no comparison really! Besides, he is a real person, alive and big and ugly enough to defend himself, as his Twitter account proves consistently...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The major difference in the scenario you were defending is that fun would be being made against a religious figure, so could be seen as a religious hate crime.

Poking fun at Donald Trump doesn’t fall into that category, so no comparison really! Besides, he is a real person, alive and big and ugly enough to defend himself, as his Twitter account proves consistently...

like i said ......it would/could never happen .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trump may have grandiosity of godlike proportions, but I don't think he has quite ascended to prophethood just yet - or even reached the stage of his blimp inciting religious hatred.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To achieve absolutely sweet FA. Do something constructive to actually make your target think again, rather than just insult and sneer, leading to you being even further ignored.

You are overlooking the bigger picture of protest though. It’s not just about trying to directly influence Trump, but stimulating wider debate, making people think and making the world, and US voters, know how he is seen in the eyes of some British people. It’s no different to you expressing your views on here; I could equally ask you why you bothered and what use it will be. But you obviously feel it has some value otherwise you would not have wasted the time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’d get a “muslamic ray-gun” and shoot it down.

https://youtu.be/gE2OzGfIDLQ

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It’s no different to you expressing your views on here; I could equally ask you why you bothered and what use it will be. But you obviously feel it has some value otherwise you would not have wasted the time

Maybe a better phrase would have been "you would not have used the time." Wasted the time seems to conclude that his time spent did not have value although you seem to allow that the OP might have felt his time was not wasted. You're putting your opinion in that sentence where it shouldn't go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here