Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Genuine question - why?

Because he is the President of the most powerful nation on earth. Slate him to his face in private by all means, but just riling him for the sake of it is just risking him upping the anti, be it a trade war, withdrawal of support from NATO, whatever. It is not in the UK's interest to be an enemy of the US.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do drop the whataboutery. Those planning to protest should use their imagination to do something better than allowing their displeasure to be hijacked by serial anarchists, which is exactly what will happen.

OP: What do we think of the Trump blimp?

Response: Shouldn't be allowed.

Me; Rubbish. They have the right to this chosen form of peaceful protest.

You: But OTHER people will also protest and cause disorder.

You're accusing ME of 'whataboutery'? Haha.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
OP: What do we think of the Trump blimp?

Response: Shouldn't be allowed.

Me; Rubbish. They have the right to this chosen form of peaceful protest.

You: But OTHER people will also protest and cause disorder.

You're accusing ME of 'whataboutery'? Haha.

'They' have a right to peaceful protest (but it won't be will it?), the mayor of London should know better than to approve a public insult.

Oh, and the bit about 'shouldn't be allowed' ............at no time did I express that opinion or type it, so you were lying, but you knew that anyway.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
To achieve absolutely sweet FA. Do something constructive to actually make your target think again, rather than just insult and sneer, leading to you being even further ignored.

Yeah protesting has achieved the sum total of f**k all over the course of human history :ffsparr:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Do drop the whataboutery. Those planning to protest should use their imagination to do something better than allowing their displeasure to be hijacked by serial anarchists, which is exactly what will happen.

You think the blimp will be hijacked by anarchists?

That would be BRILLIANT!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'They' have a right to peaceful protest (but it won't be will it?), the mayor of London should know better than to approve a public insult.

The police might yet stop it. Or the air traffic folk. But I cannot see how Khan had any (moral, at least) right to prevent it. What if 50,000 marchers each held up a 3ft cardboard cut-out of the same TrumpBaby image? Would you expect Khan, or some other form of authority, to put a stop to that as well? Slippery slope, the type of political censorship you are advocating.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Perhaps The President of The United States should know better than launch public insults against London and it's Mayor after Islamist terror attacks and retweet things from Britain First?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yep .........float a big rubber Trump balloon over London , it's a massive distraction to the poison that is seeping into the system. Smash a few bus stops , provoke the police , go on , get it off your chest(s) and when your in your 50 's you can look back and think " **** me i was a twatt back then " protesting about shit that had nothing to do with me whilst failing to notice what was going on elsewhere in the country .....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people should protest, but this is an embarrassment. would Khan approve similar for say Putin or Jinping?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I obviously missed the part of the story that explained how all those behind this protest were unemployed :shrug:

The amount of money it cost, I doubt the unemployed could afford to fund it.

Sadiq Khan is acting entirely in his role as mayor, giving permission for a peaceful protest. There is nothing unlawful for him to be able to ban it.

I think it's brilliant, even though Donald won't actually see it, the rest of the world already knows.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over an inflatable cartoon balloon!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ridiculous move by Khan. When you get into a position of authority you need to show responsibility. Yes, Trump is a CJTC, but he is also President of the most powerful nation on earth. We do not need to cowtail to him but we should afford him a modicum of respect, at least in public. As for the Twxxs protesting, get a life you saddos.

What utter twaddle. On what basis should he have not allowed it? Because it may upset the person they wish to protest about? On that basis, you wouldn't permit any protests.

Free country, the guy is a utter twonk, and is fully aware he does things that people will protest about. Khan did absolutely the right thing, and I can't quite get my head around why anyone should think any differently. Just because he's somehow managed to stumble into the POTUS job, doesn't mean we all have to nod politely at the man.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here