Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’ll ignore the childish insult, and just ask, if you are so anti- government, why do you think the balloon should be shot down?It’s a bit more anti establishment to be protesting against the POTUS, than to be backing the destruction of a blimp

It was a tongue in cheek throw away line.

Not meant to be taken as anything more. As always people read their own intent and emotions into words on the screen ;)

I also think ‘redneck’ is seen , more as a state of mind shared by, well, rednecks, than a trait of only America more challenged citizens.

Yes but the people who see it that way aren't to be taken seriously though surely?

Those kinds of people use words like racist and nazi in a way that indicates they have no idea what the words mean or where they come from.

It's like trying to point out ignorance with ignorance. Seems a tad silly.

Rednecks were Scots Protestants, my lineage doesn't contain that ;)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I really can't see what the bloke has done to deserve the crap he gets, that's all.

Which is your right. Personally I think he's the f***ing antichrist and the snivelling, racist, misogynistic, sexist, egotistical, narrow minded, lying, childish buffoon brings the title of President into disrepute and deserves every ounce of disrespect and protest we can throw at him. He makes our own politicians look normal and capable and that on it's own is perhaps his greatest achievement. I simply can't fathom how any right minded human being can't find him one of the most reprehensible people in the world.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
View attachment 98541

Just waiting for Citizen Khan to try and ban this one,particularly if it does carry a giant inflatable knife!:lolol:

The major difference being the population of London has the function of voting Khan out. Not the same ability when it comes to an American, and I use the word loosely here, President. So basically, a huge waste of money for a bunch of people who probably dont even live in London. I see the organiser lives in....Spain. Brilliant....and lets face it, the people organising it will feck it up, and it probably wont even happen.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Perhaps The President of The United States should know better than launch public insults against London and it's Mayor after Islamist terror attacks and retweet things from Britain First?

That's the one. The Leader of the Free World showed our country and government no respect...........................

He is trying to bully us into contributing more to NATO despite the fact we are the largest contributor in Europe.

The man is a politically challenged feeble-minded bully.

Protest away!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He just doesnt need to get involved, not like politicians haven't side stepped issues before.

He isn't exactly doing a cracking job in London.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

He’s not getting involved, he’s not banning the blimp, if he were to ban it, he would be getting involved.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I get it now, you're a bit slow on the uptake. You talk like you've actually read my posts and yet if you had you'd know I'm anti-government, anti-establishment.

Because anarchy would end so well.

So....let's have it....

- you have no form of government
- you have no "establishment" to run your community / country

So how does your civilisation function? Who makes decisions? What process is there to collect money to fund essential services? Want me to go on?

You haven't thought this through have you?

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
He’s not getting involved, he’s not banning the blimp, if he were to ban it, he would be getting involved.
If he's not at all involved, why are we talking about it? Why is it popping up on the news?

He should have stayed silent on the issue. He didn't, he is involved.

I have never mentioned the word ban.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If he's not at all involved, why are we talking about it? Why is it popping up on the news?

He should have stayed silent on the issue. He didn't, he is involved.

I have never mentioned the word ban.

Because he is the Mayor of London, and has a duty to endorse it or not ! Jesus! Decision for it to fly was made by the Greater London Authority, as Mayor, he endorsed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here