Page 1 of 60 12341151 ... LastLast

Trump BLIMP over Westminster

2 Not allowed!
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3880211.html

Sadiq Khan has given his permission for a giant balloon of Donald Trump to be flown over Westminster by protesters during the US President’s official visit to London.

The police and national air traffic service have the final say on whether the unflattering portrayal of the President can take to the skies.

But Mr Khan has described the balloon as a symbol of “peaceful protest”.

The 6m high balloon shows Mr Trump as a giant baby in a nappy and with his trademark blonde hair. Campaigners want him to fly near Parliament on July 13.

A spokesperson for the Mayor of London said: “The Mayor supports the right to peaceful protest and understands that this can take many different forms.

"His city operations team have met with the organisers and have given them permission to use Parliament Square Garden as a grounding point for the blimp.

“However the organisers will also need to receive the necessary approvals from the Metropolitan Police and National Air Traffic Service in order for it to fly.”

Mr Trump and Mr Khan have had an acrimonious relationship ever since the US President rebuked him online over the London Bridge terror attack.

The President is due to visit the UK over the weekend of July 13. It is understood he will go first to the US Ambassador's residence in Regent's Park before having dinner at Blenheim Palace.

During his three-day trip, he will meet with Theresa May at Chequers before joining the Queen at Windsor Castle.

Haven't seen this discussed on here. Glorious satirical right-on protest ? Or a bit puerile and childish ? A bit of both I suppose, I can't really decide, but I'm surprised its been given the go-ahead by the Mayor of London, even if there is no love lost between them.
    "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

29 Not allowed!
      Ridiculous move by Khan. When you get into a position of authority you need to show responsibility. Yes, Trump is a CJTC, but he is also President of the most powerful nation on earth. We do not need to cowtail to him but we should afford him a modicum of respect, at least in public. As for the Twxxs protesting, get a life you saddos.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      cowtail
      Kowtow

15 Not allowed!
      Ridiculous move by Khan. When you get into a position of authority you need to show responsibility. Yes, Trump is a CJTC, but he is also President of the most powerful nation on earth. We do not need to cowtail to him but we should afford him a modicum of respect, at least in public. As for the Twxxs protesting, get a life you saddos.
      Yeah bloody protestors. Bunch of saddos getting up off their arses and making their voices heard. Get a life, M I RITE!?
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by schmunk View Post
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

13 Not allowed!
      Trump's actions, especially those that impact the environment and security, directly affect us whether we like it or not. People have every right to protest this visit.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

28 Not allowed!
      Absolute bollocks. We are a free nation, with the absolute right to peaceful protest. To suggest otherwise is absurd.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      Yeah bloody protestors. Bunch of saddos getting up off their arses and making their voices heard. Get a life, M I RITE!?
      To achieve absolutely sweet FA. Do something constructive to actually make your target think again, rather than just insult and sneer, leading to you being even further ignored.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      A bit childish, but if triggering a cruel, thin skinned malignant narcissist's rage is your thing then why not ?
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Murray

8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      Instead of getting of their arses and protesting against the visit of Trump why not get of their arse and get a job