Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll ask the question but am not expecting a legitimate response. Where is your evidence for all of the above, especially about the vote?

Lets just say that certain voting patterns caused serious suspicion amongst some leading London people at the time. It was clear that all was not above board.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail thinks the peaceful protesters 'shame Britain'. Why does this vile rag even exist?
View attachment 98654

I share your disdain of the DM and I suspect we share similar views on Trump (ie an vile, odious man). However in this rare instance I find myself agreeing with the sentiment of the DM though not the vitriol. Trump is the democratically elected President of one of our most important allies and I am indeed ashamed of the way that some parts of our nation, especially the leader of the opposition, have set out to embarrass him. If we had a history of doing this to world leaders it might be different but we don't. The British way is one of diplomacy and manners which we extend to all of our visitors, even those from authoritarian regimes with appalling records on human rights. If we extend courtesies to the leaders of China, Saudi Arabia, Russia and so on but not to the USA then we are simply hypocrites and that is, to me, an embarrassment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I share your disdain of the DM and I suspect we share similar views on Trump (ie an vile, odious man). However in this rare instance I find myself agreeing with the sentiment of the DM though not the vitriol. Trump is the democratically elected President of one of our most important allies and I am indeed ashamed of the way that some parts of our nation, especially the leader of the opposition, have set out to embarrass him. If we had a history of doing this to world leaders it might be different but we don't. The British way is one of diplomacy and manners which we extend to all of our visitors, even those from authoritarian regimes with appalling records on human rights. If we extend courtesies to the leaders of China, Saudi Arabia, Russia and so on but not to the USA then we are simply hypocrites and that is, to me, an embarrassment.

there is also a small matter of the press coverage back in the good ol' US of A.......a country where Brits and English are reasonably well accepted , the simple fact remains that they saved our arses in WW2 ......they dropped 2 bombs on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of innocents but that is acceptable , we are now alienated from most of Europe and quite frankly it may be the US that helps us out again but oh no , not if these looney labour voters get their way yes Trumps a knob , yes May is a female version of john major , a hollowed out ,cardboard cut out , front of house , grey woman .........Corbyn , i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him , if we lose the good will of the US we're screwed in my opinion although it won't stand for much and i expect to be lambasted for saying so......oh , are you on water restrictions yet ?? , you might think it's important to get out there and call a freely elected foreign president a @$%*.......wonder how you'll feel when you run out of water , your priorities might change.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
there is also a small matter of the press coverage back in the good ol' US of A.......a country where Brits and English are reasonably well accepted , the simple fact remains that they saved our arses in WW2 ......they dropped 2 bombs on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of innocents but that is acceptable , we are now alienated from most of Europe and quite frankly it may be the US that helps us out again but oh no , not if these looney labour voters get their way yes Trumps a knob , yes May is a female version of john major , a hollowed out ,cardboard cut out , front of house , grey woman .........Corbyn , i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him , if we lose the good will of the US we're screwed in my opinion although it won't stand for much and i expect to be lambasted for saying so......oh , are you on water restrictions yet ?? , you might think it's important to get out there and call a freely elected foreign president a @$%*.......wonder how you'll feel when you run out of water , your priorities might change.
John Major was and is a total gent. Not a Tory supporter but you can't deny that he is a decent and honest bloke.

To compare him to May..... well, next time you return it's the Tower for you sunshine. 20 years in the pit with Ravens pecking your eyes. [emoji23]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yes he's a decent human being and a gent but as a politician he was a front man for the evil pricks behind him.....there are some great videos on social media of some of the protesters in London ........christ almighty only knows what the rest of the world would think if they were beamed around .....freak show is putting it mildly.

you don't sleep much do you ...btw...:)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
yes he's a decent human being and a gent but as a politician he was a front man for the evil pricks behind him.....there are some great videos on social media of some of the protesters in London ........christ almighty only knows what the rest of the world would think if they were beamed around .....freak show is putting it mildly.

you don't sleep much do you ...btw...:)

The free Tommy mob I presume? Absolute scum. A total embarrassment.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
No idea what relevance that has to what the brain dead protesters are on about. They protest, you ask them why they are protesting and what do you disagree with . They have no ****ing idea.

Delve into a crowd of 100,000 people and you will always be able to find some that are stupid and just along for the ride. If you go to a Trump rally and asked people why they like Trump I'm pretty sure many would only be able to say 'Wall', 'Drain the Swamp', 'Make America Great Again' and various other soundbites but not have any idea of detailed policy or the ramifications of Trump's actions.

Fox News has been laughable for a long time, shocking levels of bias and misrepresentation that are a genuine threat to democracy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail thinks the peaceful protesters 'shame Britain'. Why does this vile rag even exist?
View attachment 98654

Its called the opinion of a free press.
Liberal bedwetters hate it, but you do have a choice. You can read the opinions you don’t agree with and suck it up or you can choose not to read them and surround yourself only with the opinions you agree with.
Im all ears if you have a valid reason why we shouldn’t have a free press…….any good reason pop into your head?

Because Levenson2 somehow got abandoned.

Its Leveson, but what do you mean somehow got abandoned?
MP`s voted democratically to not have a leveson2. How much more of a somehow do you want.?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Delve into a crowd of 100,000 people and you will always be able to find some that are stupid and just along for the ride. If you go to a Trump rally and asked people why they like Trump I'm pretty sure many would only be able to say 'Wall', 'Drain the Swamp', 'Make America Great Again' and various other soundbites but not have any idea of detailed policy or the ramifications of Trump's actions.

Fox News has been laughable for a long time, shocking levels of bias and misrepresentation that are a genuine threat to democracy.

Here is the balance you have failed to acknowledge

Fox News has been laughable for a long time, shocking levels of bias and misrepresentation that are a genuine threat to democracy
CNN News has been laughable for a long time, shocking levels of bias and misrepresentation that are a genuine threat to democracy

They are cable news,they are both laughable, they both pander to their base, both are biased, and both misrepresent via that bias what has been said.
They exist because of advertisers and sponsors not journalistic content.
People need to wake up to the fact its all bullshit and not just the side they dislike

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Fox News has been laughable for a long time, shocking levels of bias and misrepresentation that are a genuine threat to democracy
CNN News has been laughable for a long time, shocking levels of bias and misrepresentation that are a genuine threat to democracy

They are cable news,they are both laughable, they both pander to their base, both are biased, and both misrepresent via that bias what has been said.
People need to wake up to the fact its all bullshit and not just the side they dislike

ding dong...!! and hello...!! spoon fed wall to wall bollox.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

I would agree, most of the media in the US has an agenda with a much greater slant than what we see here in the UK. Whilst many in this country complain about the DM, BBC (whatever their media gripe is against) I think we are really lucky to have a wide range of media sources that are at least grounded in some form of reality, even if you don't agree with what they say.

I was commenting specifically about Fox News because that was being used as evidence against the protesters and trying to paint them all as looneys which is clearly not the case (although with every group you will always find some genuine nutters)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Harvard Kennedy school looked at all the US msm News coverage involving Trump in his first 100 days in office, highlighting what was negative/positive output .

FOX NEWS was 52% negative 48% positive.

CNN was 93% negative 7% positive.

Regardless of what you think or either network, you can clearly see which one is peddling agenda led news stories.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Harvard Kennedy school looked at all the US msm News coverage involving Trump in his first 100 days in office, highlighting what was negative/positive output .

FOX NEWS was 52% negative 48% positive.

CNN was 93% negative 7% positive.

Regardless of what you think or either network, you can clearly see which one is peddling agenda led news stories.

What if 93% of the actual news re Trump's first 100 days was truly negative? Surely that would then show that Fox was the channel with the agenda? I don't believe that is likely to be the case however such statistics are regularly used to prove a point but can be highly misleading if the context is lost.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What if 93% of the actual news re Trump's first 100 days was truly negative? Surely that would then show that Fox was the channel with the agenda? I don't believe that is likely to be the case however such statistics are regularly used to prove a point but can be highly misleading if the context is lost.

CNN were the network that spliced the video of a Trump speech to make it look like he said immigrants were animals, this was then regurgitated by MSNBC and even Nancy Pelosi was doing her best to spread it at every chance interview she got.

Unfortunately for CNN is was soon proved to be FAKE NEWS when the full footage was shown, and Trump was in fact talking about MS-13.

Just one example of the Fake News CNN have been caught putting out, and another reason why their viewing figures are sinking like a stone.

Even their old stalwart Larry King says there is no news any more on CNN, just 24hr Trump Trump Trump.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
CNN were the network that spliced the video of a Trump speech to make it look like he said immigrants were animals, this was then regurgitated by MSNBC and even Nancy Pelosi was doing her best to spread it at every chance interview she got.

Unfortunately for CNN is was soon proved to be FAKE NEWS when the full footage was shown, and Trump was in fact talking about MS-13.

Just one example of the Fake News CNN have been caught putting out, and another reason why their viewing figures are sinking like a stone.

Even their old stalwart Larry King says there is no news any more on CNN, just 24hr Trump Trump Trump.

I agree that CNN is clearly falling below the standards of responsible journalism. I do however find it concerning that the President of the United States regularly makes statements that are simply not true and then has the gall to complain about fake news. Some of the things he says are so easily debunked too it is hilarious. It's like when a toddler is lying about who drew on the walls and blames the cat/baby/fairies despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And that your honour is the case for the prosecution. Who needs proof where there's suspicion?

Indeed.
There is a sector of our society that has been allowed to grow unabated. That sector is...persona non grata...the unidentified. Grenfell proved that. Final death figures cannot be established. Many un-registered living there. Hand in hand with that comes ' over-registration '......the use of similar or identical names to boost population figures. As long as they are on the system, they can vote. My case rests...Mlud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here