Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 592
  1. #121
    The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chandlers Ford
    Posts
    52,282


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Creaky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyhow the point is that Sadiq Khan is being criticised or praised on the basis that he gave permission for this protest when he didn’t - he doesn’t have the power to do so and the original article only says he supports the protest.
    It says absolutely nothing of the kind.

    Upholding the RIGHT to protest, and supporting the protest itself, are worlds apart.
    The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #122
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sheffield
      Posts
      8,035


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Did you have a bad experience with a blimp as a child? You really do seem to be placing a lot of power at it's doorstep ol:
    • #123
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      7,774


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just because people are a bit dim and can't think outside the right/left paradigm that's on them, not me.

      Rednecks only exist in the US by the way. Another folly on your behalf.

      Read Voltaire, his works are wonderful. Frees the mind.




      If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.



      James Whitcomb Riley.


      More relevant in this case than Voltaire.
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
    • #124
      Members Creaky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Hookwood - Nr Horley
      Posts
      2,915


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It says absolutely nothing of the kind.

      Upholding the RIGHT to protest, and supporting the protest itself, are worlds apart.
      You are quite right - yet so much of this discussion is about SK giving permission for or supporting this protest when as you say there is no evidence for either statement.
    • #125
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sheffield
      Posts
      8,035


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Antikythera Mechanism View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry, I must’ve missed the blimps.
      My FREE Tony ROBINSON blimp cost me a fortune but it was SHOT down by that horrible Amir KAHN.
    • #126

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It says absolutely nothing of the kind.

      Upholding the RIGHT to protest, and supporting the protest itself, are worlds apart.
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...dicts-12448878

      London Mayor Sadiq Khan believes it would be "inappropriate" for him to join protests against Donald Trump when he visits the UK in July.

      This suggests to me that Khan supports the protests and if he was not mayor would be part of it .
    • #127
      The oldest known computer
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Ash Green - Surrey / Hampshire Borders
      Posts
      5,709


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Did you have a bad experience with a blimp as a child? You really do seem to be placing a lot of power at it's doorstep
      How did you know about the Scargill blimp in 85?
    • #128
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      6,610


      0 Not allowed!
      Don't take any notice Trump, these are not the views of everyone in the UK.
    • #129
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      18,118


      7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Because he is the President of the most powerful nation on earth. Slate him to his face in private by all means, but just riling him for the sake of it is just risking him upping the anti, be it a trade war, withdrawal of support from NATO, whatever. It is not in the UK's interest to be an enemy of the US.
      I thought that the last couple of years had been all about Britain taking back control and becoming a plucky island showing moral courage and leadership? If you can't call a CJTC a CJTC in a unique and stylish way, what's the point?
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #130
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      10,471


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You do only ever show up on here to have a go at the left, mind, so I think his characterisation of you is spot on
      That's because they are smarmiest ***** of the lot. And we have heroes like you to call out the right so why would I need to do it?

      All gets a bit circle jerk like.

      It's quite obvious how ludicrous the right are. Do we need any more reminding?

      Or can some others concentrate on how hypocritical and ludicrous the left are?
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •