Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 592
  1. #61

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if you don't like him , ignore him .........oh but it's your right to protest , recently a member of the house of lords was jailed for 12 weeks for killing someone on a motorway in England , he was texting and hit a stationary car killing one of the occupants......12 weeks and yet another bloke gets over a year for contempt of court........would you say that was worthy of a bit of a protest or tell me , has it been made public ...?? perhaps hushed up a little bit ..??
    The prominent Labour peer Lord Ahmed of Rotherham was jailed for 12 weeks today after admitting sending texts while driving shortly before his Jaguar ploughed into a stationary car on the M1, killing its driver.

    He was sent straight to the cells from Sheffield crown court after a judge described his texting as "prolonged, deliberate, repeated and highly dangerous", even though it was not directly linked to the accident.

    Ahmed, 51, will serve half the sentence behind bars and the rest on licence. His solicitor said he would appeal against the sentence, claiming the peer was being made a "scapegoat" because of his profile.

    His position in the House of Lords will not be affected.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #62
      Members AK74's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      544


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If it was shot with a slug gun several times would it deflate?
      Maybe.

      And what about the blimp?
    • #63

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      if you don't like him , ignore him .........oh but it's your right to protest , recently a member of the house of lords was jailed for 12 weeks for killing someone on a motorway in England , he was texting and hit a stationary car killing one of the occupants......12 weeks and yet another bloke gets over a year for contempt of court........would you say that was worthy of a bit of a protest or tell me , has it been made public ...?? perhaps hushed up a little bit ..??
      You appear to be rambling.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?
    • #64
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      25,489


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Perhaps The President of The United States should know better than launch public insults against London and it's Mayor after Islamist terror attacks and retweet things from Britain First?
      You mean like respect the post
    • #65
      Team Behaving Badly Blackadder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      14,738


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveinprague View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      People were stockpiling bottles of piss for when he was supposed to visit previously. Thats probably more of a concern.
      Those bottles must REALLY hum now!
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016
    • #66
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      7,555


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If it was shot with a slug gun several times would it deflate?
      Is that a gun you use to shoot slugs?



      Could be very apt.
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
    • #67
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      7,555


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      so you think the visit of a foreign president is more emotive than what is actually happening in our own country ....
      Have you moved back here from Aus, or are you still there?
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
    • #68
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      10,709


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You appear to be rambling.
      really...?? , in that case i am CLEARLY wasting my time engaging with you .
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #69
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      10,709


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lawros left foot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have you moved back here from Aus, or are you still there?
      relevant...?? i come home once a year for 4 or 5 weeks .
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #70
      On the road... Driver8's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      North Wales
      Posts
      11,686


      9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      if you don't like him , ignore him .........oh but it's your right to protest , recently a member of the house of lords was jailed for 12 weeks for killing someone on a motorway in England , he was texting and hit a stationary car killing one of the occupants......12 weeks and yet another bloke gets over a year for contempt of court........would you say that was worthy of a bit of a protest or tell me , has it been made public ...?? perhaps hushed up a little bit ..??
      Recently? It was over nine years ago which might explain why it isn’t in the headlines at the moment!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •