[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do I?

Like?

This should be fun :lolol:

I'm all for gays being able to marry with a shotgun in one hand and a joint in the other if that helps?

I really can’t be arsed to go back through all your posts, most of which I really wouldn’t want to read again, but, I imagine most on here would consider you to be a right wing redneck.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder how the people who are angry at Khan not banning this protest would have reacted had he banned the Tommy Robinson one a few weeks ago?

A slight tangent but a free Tommy march was cancelled by his fans, last Saturday, because England were playing. The cause was so important that a football match took precedent. :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 98541

Just waiting for Citizen Khan to try and ban this one,particularly if it does carry a giant inflatable knife!:lolol:

I wouldn't hold your breath. If they actually get themselves organized enough to make such a thing, then they'll undoubtedly be granted the same permissions to show it. Why wouldn't they?

On a personal level I'd imagine that Khan would suck it up. He's had far worse thrown at him, without throwing his toys out of the pram. (Thus the whole baby thing doesn't really work, like it does with the toddler Trump - but hey, if they want to spend their money on it, crack on).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don’t think that with the volatile state that the world is in, that it is a laughing matter, unless you’re the leaders of Russia or China who will be splitting their sides at the prospect of the USA and its allies falling apart.

Wow. If the USA starts falling away from it's allies on a political front because of a big blimp by some 'snowflakes', then was it really a strong enough relationship in the first place?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don’t think that with the volatile state that the world is in, that it is a laughing matter, unless you’re the leaders of Russia or China who will be splitting their sides at the prospect of the USA and its allies falling apart.

NATO is just as strong despite Trump. Our defence forces don't take much notice of the leaders of countries unless laws are changed dramatically.
Then we could always have a military coup.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yes, if it has potential for violence and on police advice. That's the only reason.

Not according to this article

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/sadiq-khan-does-have-the-power-to-ban-al-quds-day-march/

Later, a City Hall spokeswoman confirmed that Khan could not ban the march, even if he wanted to. “Protesters have the right to march as long as they do so within the law,” she said. “The Mayor does not have the power to ban a march in London.”

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hotchilidog said:
I think it's hilarious and entirely in keeping with how the President of the United States conducts himself. I'll be protesting his visit on Friday.

The_Viper said:
What is it that you're protesting?

his visit on Friday.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I really can’t be arsed to go back through all your posts, most of which I really wouldn’t want to read again, but, I imagine most on here would consider you to be a right wing redneck.

Just because people are a bit dim and can't think outside the right/left paradigm that's on them, not me.

Rednecks only exist in the US by the way. Another folly on your behalf.

Read Voltaire, his works are wonderful. Frees the mind.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If the protest is literally just because he's visiting then I think that says it all. I was looking for something deeper. :)

Surely, I don't need to list off all the reasons someone may be anti trump visiting the UK and London specifically?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
NATO is just as strong despite Trump. Our defence forces don't take much notice of the leaders of countries unless laws are changed dramatically.
Then we could always have a military coup.

Our Government is falling apart, there is no credible opposition, Brexit is in disarray, the NHS is crumbling, out police force is ineffective, knife crime, acid crime are increasing, our fighting forces are down to bare bones, so what do we do? Send up a Trump baby blimp that thumbs a raspberry to one of the Worlds leaders. Well done, jolly good show, what a jape, let’s show him how we do things!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Our Government is falling apart, there is no credible opposition, Brexit is in disarray, the NHS is crumbling, out police force is ineffective, knife crime, acid crime are increasing, our fighting forces are down to bare bones, so what do we do? Send up a Trump baby blimp that thumbs a raspberry to one of the Worlds leaders. Well done, jolly good show, what a jape, let’s show him how we do things!
There have been plenty of protests about cuts in public services, Brexit, knife crime etc.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Yes, we can have a laugh in adversity.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The key words being within the law which is what I said. No legal reason to ban it.

I don’t think that is what it says.

It states that protestors have the right to march so long as they do so within the law. This is a statement of fact.

It then goes on to say that the Mayor does not have the power to ban a march in London. It doesn’t say he has any power to ban one even if it wasn’t within the law.

Anyhow the point is that Sadiq Khan is being criticised or praised on the basis that he gave permission for this protest when he didn’t - he doesn’t have the power to do so and the original article only says he supports the protest.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just because people are a bit dim and can't think outside the right/left paradigm that's on them, not me.

Rednecks only exist in the US by the way. Another folly on your behalf.

Read Voltaire, his works are wonderful. Frees the mind.

You do only ever show up on here to have a go at the left, mind, so I think his characterisation of you is spot on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here