Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup- bank holiday petition!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No. Everyone should be at work or sacked.

I am on holiday by the way.

How could the government announce at 7pm on Sunay that the next day is a public holiday? What if you are a small business and you have things that desperately need doing the next day and need your staff in? It's completely unfeasible

Have a celebration day and a bus parade with the trophy a few weeks later and make that a public holiday. That would be great.

Let's not get carried away though, this is England, deep down we all know what is going to happen...

Daft idea, and not needed, If - yes, that's right, IF we win, there'll be enough people not turning up for work on Monday anyway (including me, but then again, I retired four years ago!)

I completely agree.*

*I'm self employed and work from home so will be in bed / pissed all day if the impossible becomes reality.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I completely agree.*

*I'm self employed and work from home so will be in bed / pissed all day if the impossible becomes reality.

I run my company so zero chance of me turning up if we win, don't give a shit if any of the other guys do or not, I won't be there to know.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I assume only a bank holiday in England and those living in the rest of the UK will have to go to work as normal.

Stupid petition if you want to get blind drunk you should have had the foresight to book a day off work already.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I assume only a bank holiday in England and those living in the rest of the UK will have to go to work as normal.

Stupid petition if you want to get blind drunk you should have had the foresight to book a day off work already.

I have and so have the two lads i work with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here