Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loyalty Points

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Which tier would people predict Man City will sell out? I need it to reach general sale to buy or it will be, as usual, an alternative approach. Train tickets bought.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh the irony, my concern was me waiting for my boys to have enough points, for reasons completely unknown to me my Sons, who had less points than me last season are now on 253, with me on 251. Guess we'll all get 5 for L'Pool so all good. I do still think averaging would be good though but accept that there are many others that wouldn't like it!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh the irony, my concern was me waiting for my boys to have enough points, for reasons completely unknown to me my Sons, who had less points than me last season are now on 253, with me on 251. Guess we'll all get 5 for L'Pool so all good. I do still think averaging would be good though but accept that there are many others that wouldn't like it!

Have they held their ST for less time than you? If so, that’s probably your answer, as the delta in points between one year and the next is greater at the lower end of the scale. Yr 0 to 1 = 50 LP; yr 6 to 7 = 10 LP

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have they held their ST for less time than you? If so, that’s probably your answer, as the delta in points between one year and the next is greater at the lower end of the scale. Yr 0 to 1 = 50 LP; yr 6 to 7 = 10 LP

Yes, mines from 2000, there's is first season Withdean.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where's the moan?

I've simply asked for people's opinion about "averaging" points to gain others people's thoughts on it. I fully realise NSC should be reserved for discussion about BREXIT, @rse wiping and what we've had for lunch but I thought I'd go way off track and start a debate about how Brighton fans get away tickets and the loyalty points system. I'm not suggesting it's unfair I'm stating how it impacts me, suggesting something that may be an alternative and seeing what people think.

Anyway, sorry for being so off point.

Not a good idea though as it means some will jump the queue. This system works well and as others have attested it is possible to climb up the tiers.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
My son has more loyalty points than me. Why? Because he goes to more away games and cup games than me.

This means that sometimes he will get tickets for games that I cannot.

What's not fair about that?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not at all practical though.

1) what if it sells out while a seat is 'reserved' for a lower tier?

2) a couple in a higher tier might want to sit together but be unable to because you've reserved a seat for someone in a lower tier.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. If it ain't broke...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As others have explained you misunderstand what the intention of this reserve system is.

A high points person reserves their allocation, and then if a lower points' mate gets one when their turn, they can sit together. Otherwise the higher points person can still go, albeit wont know where seat is until he/she knows if lower points' mate successful.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I'm not saying that it's broke, I'm saying that it can be enhanced.
To give a little more detail to my suggestion, which I think would be workable (but, as I say, not quick and easy to provide):

When you reach the tier where your points total allows you to buy your ticket, you pay for your own ticket only. As you pay, you can choose one of two options:
a) As at the moment, select your seat (or block in the case of away matches) so that your ticket is fully booked and purchased.
...or...
b) Reserve and pay for your ticket (as you definitely intend to go even if you have to go alone), but defer your seat/block choice to a later points tier when your family member / friend will become entitled to buy their ticket.
When reserving the ticket, you will have no guarantee that your preferred seat/block will still be available when you're ready to choose it, you will just need to choose from what seats are left when you are ready to do so. Of course, if your friend/family member's points total qualifies when there are only a few seats left, there is still a possibility (particularly for home matches) that there won't be enough seats together for your group. But, by doing this, you have given yourself the greatest chance of being able to sit together, without missing out completely yourself it the match sells out before all in your group qualify.

To answer your practicality concerns:

1) If the match sells out (ie, purchased + reserved tickets reaches the allocation) before you select your seat , you need to then select your own seat based on what seats are now available, accepting that your friend/family member has not qualified for a ticket this time. For all reserved tickets where no seat is selected within a specified time limit, a seat may need to be allocated automatically/randomly.
Note that I would not expect automatic refunds in this scenario, as you have already paid for the ticket under the expectation that you will still want to go even if your friend/family member can't get a ticket (otherwise you would have waited for the later points tier before booking).

2) No seats have been reserved, only the entitlement to a ticket. So you won't be blocking any seats for anyone who is ready to choose their seats before you are ready.

What do people think?
Should we propose to Paul Barber to suggest something along these lines at his PL meetings?
Sorry fell asleep what was that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here