Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loyalty Points

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have 251 loyalty points for next season and my two Sons will have around 220 by my estimates. Due to the fact that I want to be sat with my lads at an away game, for both enjoyment and their own safety, it seems that I'm disadvantaged as I have to wait until they have enough points for tickets.

Would it be fair for points holders to join the scheme as a family / group of friends and average out points?

My 251 added to 2 x 220 divided by three would mean we'd all have 230 points for each allocation plus this seasons points added for each away game we get?

Can anyone see why that wouldn't be fair?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I have 251 loyalty points for next season and my two Sons will have around 220 by my estimates. Due to the fact that I want to be sat with my lads at an away game, for both enjoyment and their own safety, it seems that I'm disadvantaged as I have to wait until they have enough points for tickets.

Would it be fair for points holders to join the scheme as a family / group of friends and average out points?

My 251 added to 2 x 220 divided by three would mean we'd all have 230 points for each allocation plus this seasons points added for each away game we get?

Because some people could potentially be disadvantaged by such a change? It would also be open to abuse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Nope and the club will never help you anyway, rejected my offer to upgrade an U21 to and adult despite allowing me to the previous two seasons

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Because some people could potentially be disadvantaged by such a change? It would also be open to abuse.

Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?

I’m actually in the same boat as you. Son has fewer points than me. I have the choice of us having separated seats, or waiting until we can buy two together with the small risk of missing out. I don’t feel disadvantaged and don’t think that we ought to be advantaged to the detriment of others. The reality is that we’ve always managed to get the tickets that we wanted and only once have we been forced to sit apart.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Make it a little more extreme and you will see the flaw. 2 of you have 300 and 1 has 150. Average 250, so your son with the lowest points would queue jump someone with 99 points more.

Bottom line is, your sons need to do the hard yards everyone else ahead of them has.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
in 2018, how do you propose to define a 'family group' ?

Tis' a fine point.

Perhaps any four season ticket holders could join a group, numbers beyond that luck out.

I'm guessing, taking your point on board, saying at the same address wouldn't be fair on everyone?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Make it a little more extreme and you will see the flaw. 2 of you have 300 and 1 has 150. Average 250, so your son with the lowest points would queue jump someone with 99 points more.

Bottom line is, your sons need to do the hard yards everyone else ahead of them has.

Yes, that's a fair point, and maybe the extremes would need to be addressed but most aren't talking extremes and, I guess, every season the "Withdean" effect lessens?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I’m actually in the same boat as you. Son has fewer points than me. I have the choice of us having separated seats, or waiting until we can buy two together with the small risk of missing out. I don’t feel disadvantaged and don’t think that we ought to be advantaged to the detriment of others. The reality is that we’ve always managed to get the tickets that we wanted and only once have we been forced to sit apart.

.... and your fair points are precisely the reason I'm asking the question. My youngest has been too young for me to risk sitting in separate seats so we've had to miss too many unfortunately. Many have said don't worry people will move, the reality isn't quite that and the risk too great in my opinion.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
.... and your fair points are precisely the reason I'm asking the question. My youngest has been too young for me to risk sitting in separate seats so we've had to miss too many unfortunately. Many have said don't worry people will move, the reality isn't quite that and the risk too great in my opinion.

Sorry that you’ve had to miss out in that way. Perhaps we’ve been lucky, but only at the Emirates were we unable to sit together and I managed to find a spare seat a couple of rows in front of my son.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I had to buy at a different tier for my son a few times last season, Watford and Leicester off the top of my head were two of them.

We still sat together. I would just say get there early, look for the gaps! After about 10 minutes before kick off anyone coming in (rightly) looking for their allocated seat probably isn't going to find it anyway and end up somewhere else.

Luckily those few early aways got him into the top tier so we didn't have to worry about it again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

PL stewarding seems a little bit more intent on making sure people are in the right seats than the Championship (bit more checking), but you can still move about. Wouldn’t imagine shuffling around so you’re all together would be a problem anywhere

The points issue is a different matter though......averaging simply wouldn’t be fair on others.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yes, that's a fair point, and maybe the extremes would need to be addressed but most aren't talking extremes and, I guess, every season the "Withdean" effect lessens?

The "Withdean effect" is almost completely over. Even the 250 points Withdean STH received at the start of the Amex era have now been reduced to just a single LP after 7 halvings!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I suspect that tickets will be easier to get this season, because a lot of fans wanted to cross new grounds off of their list. I won't be going back to Everton again.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I would suggest that a fairer solution would be to allow people to "reserve" a ticket, then finalise the seat once all party members qualify or the game has sold out. I can't see that functionality being a quick and easy change to the current ticketing systems, though.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I suspect that tickets will be easier to get this season, because a lot of fans wanted to cross new grounds off of their list. I won't be going back to Everton again.

Yep I was as disappointed with Goodison as I was with the back of the Anfield Road Lower in the Cup a few years back. And that after really looking forward to that rare one missing from my collection.

Disgraceful when you consider the cash that's been through both those clubs even just in the PL days. They dont have to be shiny new stadia, but some thought to the fans' view wouldn't go a miss. Ditto Elland Road, albeit we all know the Champions of Europe have been potless for years.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I would suggest that a fairer solution would be to allow people to "reserve" a ticket, then finalise the seat once all party members qualify or the game has sold out. I can't see that functionality being a quick and easy change to the current ticketing systems, though.

Now that is a very good idea!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here