Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chimneys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that is a very good idea!!
    Not at all practical though.

1) what if it sells out while a seat is 'reserved' for a lower tier?

2) a couple in a higher tier might want to sit together but be unable to because you've reserved a seat for someone in a lower tier.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. If it ain't broke...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post

2) a couple in a higher tier might want to sit together but be unable to because you've reserved a seat for someone in a lower tier.

I think what is meant here is the higher bracket buyer reserving a seat, then if his lower tier mates get one then he can finalise it.

Would've been handy for me a few times, especially Arsenal where I sacrificed my guaranteed chance of a ticket to join the queue lottery the next day to try to get us some together. Of course if I could have reserved mine the day before and my son couldn't get a ticket, at least I would've been able to go! (This story ended happily as we both managed to get tickets )

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?
      We're not at Withdean anymore. We've moved on.

Similarly so has the Club, the ticketing system and the loyalty points. It won't please everyone, but it is what it is. Works fine as I see it.

1 Not allowed!
      moan, moan, moan it's not fair I miss out, I'm not prepared to wait. I effectively want to queue jump as I'm far more deserving than others.

I'm sure that there are others on say 229 points who are saying if only I had another point I would be in a higher tier.

Just accept the system for what it is and get the tickets when you can and you will move up.

I'm fairly certain you will be able to get 3 seats together for Burnley away.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      moan, moan, moan it's not fair I miss out, I'm not prepared to wait. I effectively want to queue jump as I'm far more deserving than others.

I'm sure that there are others on say 229 points who are saying if only I had another point I would be in a higher tier.

Just accept the system for what it is and get the tickets when you can and you will move up.

I'm fairly certain you will be able to get 3 seats together for Burnley away.
      "But I don't wanna go to Burnley! "

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goring-by-Seagull View Post
      "But I don't wanna go to Burnley! "
      If you go to Burnley the world will be yours and everything in it, what's more you'll be a man, my son.
      Apologies to Kipling.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?
      You ever witnessed families with children boarding an easyjet flight ? 11 adults and a '15' year old child trundling through !!

1 Not allowed!
      This thread was as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow.

The system is about the best it could be. It isn't going to please everyone but that's life.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post

I'm not saying that it's broke, I'm saying that it can be enhanced.
      To give a little more detail to my suggestion, which I think would be workable (but, as I say, not quick and easy to provide):

When you reach the tier where your points total allows you to buy your ticket, you pay for your own ticket only. As you pay, you can choose one of two options:
      a) As at the moment, select your seat (or block in the case of away matches) so that your ticket is fully booked and purchased.
      ...or...
      b) Reserve and pay for your ticket (as you definitely intend to go even if you have to go alone), but defer your seat/block choice to a later points tier when your family member / friend will become entitled to buy their ticket.
      When reserving the ticket, you will have no guarantee that your preferred seat/block will still be available when you're ready to choose it, you will just need to choose from what seats are left when you are ready to do so. Of course, if your friend/family member's points total qualifies when there are only a few seats left, there is still a possibility (particularly for home matches) that there won't be enough seats together for your group. But, by doing this, you have given yourself the greatest chance of being able to sit together, without missing out completely yourself it the match sells out before all in your group qualify.

To answer your practicality concerns:

1) If the match sells out (ie, purchased + reserved tickets reaches the allocation) before you select your seat , you need to then select your own seat based on what seats are now available, accepting that your friend/family member has not qualified for a ticket this time. For all reserved tickets where no seat is selected within a specified time limit, a seat may need to be allocated automatically/randomly.
      Note that I would not expect automatic refunds in this scenario, as you have already paid for the ticket under the expectation that you will still want to go even if your friend/family member can't get a ticket (otherwise you would have waited for the later points tier before booking).

2) No seats have been reserved, only the entitlement to a ticket. So you won't be blocking any seats for anyone who is ready to choose their seats before you are ready.

What do people think?
      Should we propose to Paul Barber to suggest something along these lines at his PL meetings?