Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Loyalty Points

  1. #1
    Members Tim Over Whelmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arundel
    Posts
    6,207

    Loyalty Points


    1 Not allowed!
    I have 251 loyalty points for next season and my two Sons will have around 220 by my estimates. Due to the fact that I want to be sat with my lads at an away game, for both enjoyment and their own safety, it seems that I'm disadvantaged as I have to wait until they have enough points for tickets.

    Would it be fair for points holders to join the scheme as a family / group of friends and average out points?

    My 251 added to 2 x 220 divided by three would mean we'd all have 230 points for each allocation plus this seasons points added for each away game we get?

    Can anyone see why that wouldn't be fair?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2

      0 Not allowed!
      Yes
      In this great future you can't forget your past
    • #3
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Birmingham and Austria
      Posts
      523


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have 251 loyalty points for next season and my two Sons will have around 220 by my estimates. Due to the fact that I want to be sat with my lads at an away game, for both enjoyment and their own safety, it seems that I'm disadvantaged as I have to wait until they have enough points for tickets.

      Would it be fair for points holders to join the scheme as a family / group of friends and average out points?

      My 251 added to 2 x 220 divided by three would mean we'd all have 230 points for each allocation plus this seasons points added for each away game we get?

      Can anyone see why that wouldn't be fair?
      Because some people could potentially be disadvantaged by such a change? It would also be open to abuse.
      "They can because they think they can" - Mike Bamber
    • #4
      Everything Must Change Beach Hut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Living In a Box
      Posts
      65,337


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have 251 loyalty points for next season and my two Sons will have around 220 by my estimates. Due to the fact that I want to be sat with my lads at an away game, for both enjoyment and their own safety, it seems that I'm disadvantaged as I have to wait until they have enough points for tickets.

      Would it be fair for points holders to join the scheme as a family / group of friends and average out points?

      My 251 added to 2 x 220 divided by three would mean we'd all have 230 points for each allocation plus this seasons points added for each away game we get?

      Can anyone see why that wouldn't be fair?
      Nope and the club will never help you anyway, rejected my offer to upgrade an U21 to and adult despite allowing me to the previous two seasons
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
    • #5
      Members Tim Over Whelmed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Arundel
      Posts
      6,207


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by East Staffs Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Because some people could potentially be disadvantaged by such a change? It would also be open to abuse.
      Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?
    • #6
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      Norfolk
      Posts
      2,168


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?
      in 2018, how do you propose to define a 'family group' ?
    • #7
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Birmingham and Austria
      Posts
      523


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?
      I’m actually in the same boat as you. Son has fewer points than me. I have the choice of us having separated seats, or waiting until we can buy two together with the small risk of missing out. I don’t feel disadvantaged and don’t think that we ought to be advantaged to the detriment of others. The reality is that we’ve always managed to get the tickets that we wanted and only once have we been forced to sit apart.
      "They can because they think they can" - Mike Bamber
    • #8

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have 251 loyalty points for next season and my two Sons will have around 220 by my estimates. Due to the fact that I want to be sat with my lads at an away game, for both enjoyment and their own safety, it seems that I'm disadvantaged as I have to wait until they have enough points for tickets.

      Would it be fair for points holders to join the scheme as a family / group of friends and average out points?

      My 251 added to 2 x 220 divided by three would mean we'd all have 230 points for each allocation plus this seasons points added for each away game we get?

      Can anyone see why that wouldn't be fair?
      Make it a little more extreme and you will see the flaw. 2 of you have 300 and 1 has 150. Average 250, so your son with the lowest points would queue jump someone with 99 points more.

      Bottom line is, your sons need to do the hard yards everyone else ahead of them has.
    • #9
      Members Tim Over Whelmed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Arundel
      Posts
      6,207


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville's Breakfast View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      in 2018, how do you propose to define a 'family group' ?
      Tis' a fine point.

      Perhaps any four season ticket holders could join a group, numbers beyond that luck out.

      I'm guessing, taking your point on board, saying at the same address wouldn't be fair on everyone?
    • #10
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      Norfolk
      Posts
      2,168


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Tis' a fine point.

      Perhaps any four season ticket holders could join a group, numbers beyond that luck out.

      I'm guessing, taking your point on board, saying at the same address wouldn't be fair on everyone?
      I would say definitely not.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •