Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you were Super Sam - What would you do?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You missed all those PL games he started and failed to step up to the grade then? Loads of people must have seen 20 or 30 of them to have made up their minds..................

All two of them in his whole career... actually I saw all of them :)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely this is where his agent earns his wedge. The agent must be trying to summon up some interest to get a move in motion, even a loan move will give him a better opportunity to return and play games if we sign Tau then he will be behind: Locaidia, Murray, Andone, Tau and that's a lot considering we don't often have more than 1 of them on the pitch at any one time

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Depends what was offered. He won't do his career and reputation much good if he doesn't even warm the bench, and if we survive next season he will be so far down the pecking order if he doesn't play. But who knows what he is paid here?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know what he wants, but I think we have outgrown him. He is a decent first season Premier League striker, but in reality his level is the Championship.

Cash in, reinvest.

We gave him a three year contract after promotion and then didn’t bother to play him, bizarre no?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Tau sings, AND we meet our HGP quota, I'm absolutely convinced Sam (and Tomer) will find the exit door...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well his calf injury for the first half of the season is probably the reason for that. Even though, it seems to be sensible business, as we should be able to command a decent fee for him.

I reckon he'll go for a fee between £1.5m and undisclosed.

Optimistic IMHO... Sam at least high Championship quality, but too injured... 3-year contract offer was the club's mistake...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a feeling that Sam could still be very useful to us, he was injured for the first few months of our Premier League campaign, and l believe may well offer something different to what we have got.

Either way, let's not right him off before we have seen what he is capable of. He hasn't played a single Premier League game for us yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have a feeling that Sam could still be very useful to us, he was injured for the first few months of our Premier League campaign, and l believe may well offer something different to what we have got.

Either way, let's not right him off before we have seen what he is capable of. He hasn't played a single Premier League game for us yet.

I'd absolutely love him to prove himself, but I think Percy looks like (in part) cover for Gross and I'm struggling to see how Sam will get anywhere near the first team behind those two plus Andone, Locadia and Murray (and Tomer if he's still here)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd absolutely love him to prove himself, but I think Percy looks like (in part) cover for Gross and I'm struggling to see how Sam will get anywhere near the first team behind those two plus Andone, Locadia and Murray (and Tomer if he's still here)

That's exactly what I think... beautifully put...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We gave him a three year contract after promotion and then didn’t bother to play him, bizarre no?

Not remotely. If we didn't offer a new contract, then his existing one would be run down, and he could leave on a free. By updating his contract, we had more opportunity to assess his ability at PL level, the opportunity to retain him if we got relegated, and to cash in on him if we didn't. It would have been bizarre not to offer him a new contract.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Bissouma could well be cover for Gross too, as well as competition for Propper, Stephens and Kayal.
I can't see either Hemed or Baldock being with us next season. Both deserve to play football, and they're not going to get much here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not remotely. If we didn't offer a new contract, then his existing one would be run down, and he could leave on a free. By updating his contract, we had more opportunity to assess his ability at PL level, the opportunity to retain him if we got relegated, and to cash in on him if we didn't. It would have been bizarre not to offer him a new contract.

No, he is NOT that sale-able TBH, and we have to pay his wages, so it was a mistake to offer 3 years IMHO, 1 year maybe...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here