Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone tempted to go to Russia now....?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I originally planned to go to Moscow for part of the tournament but cancelled a few weeks before

I notice there are loopholes with the fan ids whereby you can use an old ticket number to trick the system. With a fan id there is no problem getting into the country.

I'm still on the fence slightly but I think the risk is too great without a visa or official ticket for one of the remaining games....

Anyone else have views on this ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I originally planned to go to Moscow for part of the tournament but cancelled a few weeks before

I notice there are loopholes with the fan ids whereby you can use an old ticket number to trick the system. With a fan id there is no problem getting into the country.

I'm still on the fence slightly but I think the risk is too great without a visa or official ticket for one of the remaining games....

Anyone else have views on this ?

Can't make my mind up about the loophole. The Russians are so security conscious that when we entered (via Road) from Poland they did take a few people away for a 'document' check on top of taking everyones fan id's and passports, so I would be surprised if they were letting any tom, dick and harry in on random fan id's with names not associated to tickets. Or maybe they just don't really care.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can't make my mind up about the loophole. The Russians are so security conscious that when we entered (via Road) from Poland they did take a few people away for a 'document' check on top of taking everyones fan id's and passports, so I would be surprised if they were letting any tom, dick and harry in on random fan id's with names not associated to tickets. Or maybe they just don't really care.

You have match tickets for your return trip tomorrow?

I had no intention of going, but your post on another thread has me pondering.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You have match tickets for your return trip tomorrow?

I had no intention of going, but your post on another thread has me pondering.

I've got a fan id / visa any way as I was out there for the group games so no problems there. I managed to get a ticket off the FIFA portal yesterday.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I've got a fan id / visa any way as I was out there for the group games so no problems there. I managed to get a ticket off the FIFA portal yesterday.

May i ask how much you paid ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Respect to any of our fans going over there. I made a couple of games in 1998 and it was memorable, despite losing one of them. To see England play in the World Cup finals is a must for every fan.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Russian Embassy in London are doing 24 hour visas if anyone is worried, they twitted it at the weekend!

Semi tickets Cat 2 were 480 USD on the FIFA website yesterday.l

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Russian Embassy in London are doing 24 hour visas if anyone is worried, they twitted it at the weekend!

Interesting thanks

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Text my mate yesterday saying "just throwing it out there...." With a screenshot of flights to Moscow. He said he'd drive it! Once in a lifetime chance so we may just go for it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Been trying to get a ticket via the FIFA website this morning only to click and then be told there is a problem. When I have got one it's thrown me out at the checkout.

The flights have become much more expensive or with long flight times.

Decided to let it go now.

Wish I'd thought about it on Saturday. Would have been so much easier.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

You don't need a visa. Just the fan ID. Instructions on the FIFA site.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Hadn’t you better leave soon?!

Haha yeah, around a day and a half travel so with an overnight stop somewhere we should make it for the final. The plan hasn't got as far as actually getting tickets for the final, we just said it'd be cool to be in Moscow for it. Pie in the sky probably, and we'd have to sort visas out tomorrow. But hey, it's the thought that counts, we'll see

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just to clarify the visa situation. You only need a fan ID which is a simple online task. You need a ticket reference but it can be ANYBODIES ticket not your own. Even a match played last week is good enough. I can see lots of English fans going now and hoping to get a ticket there.
Edit. Ask #Sprigal for his reference and we can all use it.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just got back from Samara, via Istanbul, and it was a great experience but having looked at the options to travel back for the final (can't do semi final due to work), I just can't justify it. Seriously expensive flights, unless you go out days before and come back days after which I can't afford to do on the holiday days front.

And also having had my bit of experience of the world cup I think, only think, that I'd rather be here for the final (if we got there). It will be mad. The game is great, and to see your country lift the world cup would clearly be amazing, but I still think the buzz of being in England for the final may be a different but equally as good an experience, and will cost a lot less!

That said I wouldn't say a bad word about the experience. Russia and the Russians were absolutely fantastic. Best England away experience I have had for sure. Possibly helped by the lack of England idiots out there presumably put off by price and potential trouble?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Fraudulently obtaining a visa to get into Russia?! Rather you than me!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just to clarify the visa situation. You only need a fan ID which is a simple online task. You need a ticket reference but it can be ANYBODIES ticket not your own. Even a match played last week is good enough. I can see lots of English fans going now and hoping to get a ticket there.

And I concur this, heard a lot of people out there who used someone elses ticket id to get into the country. We didn't as we had the tickets already but there does not seem to be any link between the tickets and the fan id. There were three of us, and whilst you have to scan your fan id at the stadium and your ticket we had no idea whose ticket was with which fan id and it wasn't a problem. Equally we only needed the electronic copy to get into the country, and it takes ten minutes to do this online. Only issue is getting a profile pic to work, you need to ensure you have a very clear white background to it or it won't be accepted. Lots of editing and decreasing saturation needed!

Also, you can't get into the stadium or use any of the transport with just an electronic ID, you need the laminated hang round your neck ID. To do this you need to go to a Fan ID distribution centre with your electronic fan ID and passport and ticket. That side of things is a bit of ball ache. Although they have one at each stadium and one in each city so it is doable, but just add on a bit of time in your schedule to do this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here