Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone tempted to go to Russia now....?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And also having had my bit of experience of the world cup I think, only think, that I'd rather be here for the final (if we got there). It will be mad. The game is great, and to see your country lift the world cup would clearly be amazing, but I still think the buzz of being in England for the final may be a different but equally as good an experience, and will cost a lot less!

This is what I can't decide. For the first tournament ever I did not apply for Final tickets as at the time financial situation meant it was probably a waste of money for the amount you lose in conversion fees when you get the refunds etc! 3/5 of our group have conditional final tickets. I have a flight back on Thursday, but also an option for Monday next week. I doubt I could afford a final ticket unless I got lucky at one at face value, so do I gamble and stay out or fly back where it will be party atmosphere!

Tough test on Thursday first but really not sure what I'd do.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is what I can't decide. For the first tournament ever I did not apply for Final tickets as at the time financial situation meant it was probably a waste of money for the amount you lose in conversion fees when you get the refunds etc! 3/5 of our group have conditional final tickets. I have a flight back on Thursday, but also an option for Monday next week. I doubt I could afford a final ticket unless I got lucky at one at face value, so do I gamble and stay out or fly back where it will be party atmosphere!

It's funny I have spoken to lots of fans out there and genuinely other than the die hards who go to every game most people are saying their major reservation of being at the final is not being in England if we win it. A lot of people who will qualify for a ticket may not take it up for that reason, combined with the ball ache and cost.

Equally I am sure there are millions that don't normally follow England who would love to go. It's a funny old game.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

To say you were there is priceless. I'd take the gamble and hold out for Monday.

If not, come back thursday, keep your head down untill the Monday and then just lie to everyone that you were there.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Been trying to get a ticket via the FIFA website this morning only to click and then be told there is a problem. When I have got one it's thrown me out at the checkout.

The flights have become much more expensive or with long flight times.

Decided to let it go now.

Wish I'd thought about it on Saturday. Would have been so much easier.

BBC Breakfast said flights were available via Portugal or Frankfurt, so it might be roundabout, but maybe worth a try.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Russian Embassy in London are doing 24 hour visas if anyone is worried, they twitted it at the weekend!

Semi tickets Cat 2 were 480 USD on the FIFA website yesterday.l

Some of my friends got these 2 days ago. They said about, flights and hotels about £800.

Can be done easily if you're willing to pay over a grand.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
BBC Breakfast said flights were available via Portugal or Frankfurt, so it might be roundabout, but maybe worth a try.

There's a fair few via flights available although as more folk have got tickets so they have become more expensive and the travel times longer. I think over 8 hours is a bit much for me.

I feel like a knob for not taking a look Saturday night when routes were good and the ticket site working. But going now would be too much of a haul.

Had the FIFA site been working properly Sunday it would have been a different story.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There's a fair few via flights available although as more folk have got tickets so they have become more expensive and the travel times longer. I think over 8 hours is a bit much for me.

I feel like a knob for not taking a look Saturday night when routes were good and the ticket site working. But going now would be too much of a haul.

Had the FIFA site been working properly Sunday it would have been a different story.

There are tickets available as Russians had bought theirs before their defeat to Croatia (according to the woman on tv)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There are tickets available as Russians had bought theirs before their defeat to Croatia (according to the woman on tv)

Yes. I suspect there will be a lot more. I just think the current travel options are a bit much for me now. At the weekend they were pretty good.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I've had conditional tickets for the semi final and final all along, bought on a whim via Englandfans when I thought we had no chance! Took a gamble Saturday morning on part-refundable flights via Munich to Moscow for <£200, and covered the cancellation fees by backing Sweden with some free bets which I had with Coral. Setting off from Gatwick at 06:20 tomorrow morning, should be in Moscow by 4pm local time to meet up with a couple of other Albion fans who are already in town

Won't rush back if we get knocked out on Wednesday, less pressure to get back to work than if we get through. Coming back after the final, if we qualify, would require some serious inventiveness. Can't imagine we'd get back until Tuesday at the earliest. Gave up on looking at flights which could be cancelled, as my head was starting to ache.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here