Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford Loyalty Points

Jul 7, 2003
Have I missed the announcement of the loyalty points needed for Watford away when they go on sale this Tuesday? Can't see anything on the website.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nope you haven't, no announcement as yet and when I check my loyalty points this morning it was still at last season total.

Edit cannot seem to log-in to buy a ticket so maybe points about to be adjusted

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nope you haven't, no announcement as yet and when I check my loyalty points this morning it was still at last season total.

As I understand it, you have last seasons total, take off 200 (assuming you have had a season since day one of the Amex), halve the remainder then, assuming you have renewed your season, add in 200 again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Can log in, but nothing on the ticket website for any games yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can log in, but nothing on the ticket website for any games yet.

Yes it finally did work for me as well, nothing has changed yet.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As I understand it, you have last seasons total, take off 200 (assuming you have had a season since day one of the Amex), halve the remainder then, assuming you have renewed your season, add in 200 again.

Fvcking hell - people just want to buy a ticket, not audition for the Crystal Maze.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

I think it’s 190 points this year if you have had a ST from the start of the Amex.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think it’s 190 points this year if you have had a ST from the start of the Amex.

Think you're right, looked to quickly at the clubs explanation. So am I right in assuming you deduct 180 pts which you would have had at the start in respect of your season ticket and add 190 for renewing for the 7th time?

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Isn't it a double scramble on Tuesday with both Watford and Liverpool away tickets on sale.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
None of this helps anyway, because we don’t know how many LPs you need to buy a ticket anyway.

Chill out.....if you’re in the top tier you’ll have all day Tuesday to get one anyway. Worked very well last season.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Carry the 1...

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Think you're right, looked to quickly at the clubs explanation. So am I right in assuming you deduct 180 pts which you would have had at the start in respect of your season ticket and add 190 for renewing for the 7th time?

It’s a bit more complex than that because you need to factor in renewal points plus a reducing value attributable to past home cup/way games you’ve seen. As a STH, you get points for renewal (not total seasons at the Amex) so if this is your 8th season at the Amex (i.e. since it opened in 2011/12 season) you only get 190 renewal points because you’re renewing for the 7th time. The balance of your points (if you’re a STH) will be a function of all of the other games (i.e. home cups and all aways) you’ve seen at the Amex since 2011/12, for which the carry forward value of the loyalty points for each game will reduce by 50% each season. So, for example, if the home cup/away loyalty points you earned in 2017/18 totalled 160 they’ll only be worth 80 carried forward into 2018/19. If you did 160 home cup/away loyalty points in 2016/17 they’ll only carry forward in 2018/19 at 160 x 50% x 50% = 40, and so on. The club’s website provides a worked example on page 2 of the attached link, which I think bears out the fact that 200 points (as indicated on page 1) can’t apply as the renewal bonus, even for someone who’s been a STH at the Amex since its opening 8 seasons ago in 2011/12 because, by definition, they’re only renewing for the 7th time in 2018/19.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/custom/documents/pdf/1819/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do we get points for the sporting Lisbon friendly? Appreciate if we do they won’t count for Watford

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’s a bit more complex than that because you need to factor in renewal points plus a reducing value attributable to past home cup/way games you’ve seen. As a STH, you get points for renewal (not total seasons at the Amex) so if this is your 8th season at the Amex (i.e. since it opened in 2011/12 season) you only get 190 renewal points because you’re renewing for the 7th time. The balance of your points (if you’re a STH) will be a function of all of the other games (i.e. home cups and all aways) you’ve seen at the Amex since 2011/12, for which the carry forward value of the loyalty points for each game will reduce by 50% each season. So, for example, if the home cup/away loyalty points you earned in 2017/18 totalled 160 they’ll only be worth 80 carried forward into 2018/19. If you did 160 home cup/away loyalty points in 2016/17 they’ll only carry forward in 2018/19 at 160 x 50% x 50% = 40, and so on. The club’s website provides a worked example on page 2 of the attached link, which I think bears out the fact that 200 points (as indicated on page 1) can’t apply as the renewal bonus, even for someone who’s been a STH at the Amex since its opening 8 seasons ago in 2011/12 because, by definition, they’re only renewing for the 7th time in 2018/19.

...hold on, hold on :angry: I forgot to factor in the reducing value attributable to past home cup/away games...

Attachments

• 13097833-equations-and-formulas-written-in-chalk-on-blackboard-concept-of-education-and-science-.jpg
    13097833-equations-and-formulas-written-in-chalk-on-blackboard-concept-of-education-and-science-.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 381

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just booked a hotel for Liverpool. Have decided to drive as the trains are completely screwed up this weekend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here