Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Say a little prayer.Trapped in a cave.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky now saying 5th “person” is another boy
That's good, at first they didn't know if it was someone rescued or one of the divers needing treatment.

It seems this boy has come out quite a bit quicker than the first ones. Maybe 6 hours vs 8.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame but that video appears to be no more - or I can't access it anyway - It's a great illustration of the dangers and makes me feel claustrophobic just watching it. From twitter, this thread is worth reading to illustrate the complexity and why I'd never consider cave diving.

[tweet]1016112164418015232[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/Where_is_Puff/status/1016112164418015232

Yeah, been taken down....wonder if it was footage from elsewhere. This looks real enough though. Similarly doesn't convince me that cave diving is on my list of things to do........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zT_G1syzEI

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's good, at first they didn't know if it was someone rescued or one of the divers needing treatment.

It seems this boy has come out quite a bit quicker than the first ones. Maybe 6 hours vs 8.

When the Australian doctor chose the first to come out, it was the weakest boys healthwise, so they should get stronger as they go along.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When the Australian doctor chose the first to come out, it was the weakest boys healthwise, so they should get stronger as they go along.
That's the opposite of what we were being told at the start, they (the news) said they'd do strongest first.

Given than the boys were without food for 10 days or so, I'd have thought that since getting food they were actually getting stronger, rather than weaker, so that perhaps the weaker ones would need more recovery time.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's the opposite of what we were being told at the start, they (the news) said they'd do strongest first.

Given than the boys were without food for 10 days or so, I'd have thought that since getting food they were actually getting stronger, rather than weaker, so that perhaps the weaker ones would need more recovery time.

Yes, as the news went on, they said they probably changed their minds. The coach had been refusing his food so the boys had more to build them up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's the nice spacious bit where they're able to have a breather.

Exactly! I wouldn't even want to be anywhere near THAT bit, let alone when things get a bit testy!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am really surprised that their coach thought this was a good idea. I am not into this potholing lark and squeezing through small areas especially with caves that flood, so knowing it was the monsoon season it is unbelievable that this even happened. It seems to be going very well but the fact that someone has died will never make it a complete success. Great work by the rescue team though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am really surprised that their coach thought this was a good idea. I am not into this potholing lark and squeezing through small areas especially with caves that flood, so knowing it was the monsoon season it is unbelievable that this even happened. It seems to be going very well but the fact that someone has died will never make it a complete success. Great work by the rescue team though.

The rainy monsoon season is fairly predicatable and happens in July. It was early this year. Tourists visit these caves regularly although not as far in as the football team went. They were forced to go in further because the water poured in from an early downpour.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am really surprised that their coach thought this was a good idea.
We don't know what happened yet.
I am not into this potholing lark and squeezing through small areas especially with caves that flood
We also don't know that they squeezed through any small areas. They say that the flooding water moved earth which closed up some of the openings.

Let's hope they all get out, and then let the inquest start.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here