Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 181
  1. #121
    Members
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,101


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we have a go at the two FAT sweaty blokes on the roof of the vehicle or will you cry about that too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blokes are fat slobs who drink too much alcohol and eat too much junk food, women are beautifully natural, curvy and how God intended them to be.
    Don't you know how equality works?
    ''At times, Brighton looked so comfortable they could have been settling into an armchair with a nice mug of hot tea and a plate of biscuits.''

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #122
      Moon Man Oxy McFloppie-Tish's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Truro
      Posts
      5,123


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure the report confirms it was on a call, just that it is now out of service. Suspect it was parked up to be close to where the crowds were in case it was needed.
      The Tweet shown within the report, by London Ambulance, clearly states "...while our officer attended a call nearby...".
      Was that the intro? I should have been in!
    • #123

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's not a generational thing like that - don't stereotype people; it's the first step towards discrimination.

      I am an older person (well, nearly) and I can categorically state I never jumped on a car or emergency response vehicle - or did any criminal damage - when drunk. I'm not speaking for the whole of my generation, and neither I suspect are most of the posters who are condemning this sort of action. I didn't/don't behave like this, and if they didn't/don't either they are just speaking for themselves when condemning such behaviour. Nothing 'generational' or holier than thou about it.
      It was my birthday yesterday and I am now a pensioner - 65! I have never jumped on a car either. But I would also agree this is not a generational thing. Nor is it a class thing. I was a student at Oxford, and on the day of the special dinner we had on an annual basis - Trinity College/Trinity Sunday - when everyone was drunk afterwards I witnessed one bloke standing on top of the wall between us and the next door rival college trying to lob beer glasses through the next door college chapel window. Someone else was standing at the bottom of the wall lobbing the glasses up to him. No-one else was involved and anyone who saw them was telling them they were stupid.

      But the one standing atop the wall was a former head boy of Winchester College, and the one down below had the surname of a financial firm which was a highly respected household name. I guess the only difference is that, in this case, daddy could have paid for it........ which obviously wouldn't have made it right.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.
    • #124
      a man with a sound track record as a source of quality Albion info! ditchy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      5,059


      0 Not allowed!
      Have i missed something ? Anyone Notice that the picture is a few years old . The Shard is still being built
      I just love the East Upper !!
    • #125
      Members brightn'ove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      London
      Posts
      7,756


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ditchy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have i missed something ? Anyone Notice that the picture is a few years old . The Shard is still being built
      No it isn’t, there is a building being built directly next to the shard at the moment. The photo is from Saturday.
    • #126
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      19,408


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidinSouthampton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was my birthday yesterday and I am now a pensioner - 65! I have never jumped on a car either. But I would also agree this is not a generational thing. Nor is it a class thing. I was a student at Oxford, and on the day of the special dinner we had on an annual basis - Trinity College/Trinity Sunday - when everyone was drunk afterwards I witnessed one bloke standing on top of the wall between us and the next door rival college trying to lob beer glasses through the next door college chapel window. Someone else was standing at the bottom of the wall lobbing the glasses up to him. No-one else was involved and anyone who saw them was telling them they were stupid.

      But the one standing atop the wall was a former head boy of Winchester College, and the one down below had the surname of a financial firm which was a highly respected household name. I guess the only difference is that, in this case, daddy could have paid for it........ which obviously wouldn't have made it right.
      Other big difference is no-one was taking pictures that could be instantly shared around the world to show what twats they were being..............which could then be used as evidence to exact some punishment. As you say it would have been dealt quietly, with rich Daddy paying for any damage rather than allowing the permanently outraged to have their say and a witch-hunt started. Generally, the younger generation get pissed and act like tits sometimes and the older generation frown on their stupidity (there are exceptions on both sides obviously). Social media has given both a massive platform. We all typically move from stupid youngster to more sensible oldie (some faster and some slower than others), it's just the degree of stupidity that can differentiate. Standing on an ambulance is pretty stupid.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #127
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      19,408


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ditchy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have i missed something ? Anyone Notice that the picture is a few years old . The Shard is still being built
      You're looking at some of the venting areas near the top - they're part of the finished building. It was finished about 5 years ago.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #128
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      19,408

      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #129
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      1,101


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Already identified and arrested according to the replies.
      These people are an absolute embarrassment to this country.
      ''At times, Brighton looked so comfortable they could have been settling into an armchair with a nice mug of hot tea and a plate of biscuits.''
    • #130
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      14,741


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Oxy McFloppie-Tish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The Tweet shown within the report, by London Ambulance, clearly states "...while our officer attended a call nearby...".
      Sorry, missed that.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •