Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Punishment for this rotter

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Look at all the non sinners on this board. No one done anything bad when drunk and over excited ? It’s nothing to be proud of and Im sure they will feel some remorse later on. But all this name and shame by people who have never made a mistake is pathetic.

I've been horrendously drunk in my time but never done anything remotely so ****ing stupid. In fact the most stupid think I can think of is falling over.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A bit naughty? Ok.

I seem to remember when Charlie Gilmour was cavorting around the Cenotaph, there were many on here who were calling him names.
The son of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour did not realise he was swinging from the Cenotaph because he had grown up in the countryside without access to television, a court has been told.

David Spens, Charlie Gilmour's lawyer, made the revelation about his upbringing to the Appeal Court while arguing his client's 16-month prison sentence should be reduced so he can finish his degree at Cambridge University.

Mr Spens told the hearing that history student Gilmour was aware of the significance of the Whitehall monument but 'didn't realise that the monument from which he was swinging was a war memorial let alone the Cenotaph.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15189414

A great example of a witch hunt. People calling for prison time because he disrespected an inanimate object, he didn't even damage it! Classic example of class discrimination as well, people wanted to make an example of him because he was posh.

The moral of the story being: If you can’t get drunk without potentially committing a crime, then you shouldn’t drink. This has always been the case, it’s just that with cameras everywhere these days - either CCTV or personal phone cams - people are actually been held accountable for their actions, rather than getting away with it.

It's a slap on the wrist offense at most. Nobody can tell from a still picture who caused damage, but most people's first reaction is to be as harsh as possible.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Considering how many people there were around that area, I seriously doubt that it was the girls that did the damage to that car. If anything they look late to the party. Unfortunately someone photographed them and now they’ll probably face the consequences for it.

It took me abound 30 seconds to find these images in fact

View attachment 98489
View attachment 98490

How did Southgate get back to London so quickly?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A great example of a witch hunt. People calling for prison time because he disrespected an inanimate object, he didn't even damage it! Classic example of class discrimination as well, people wanted to make an example of him because he was posh.

It's a slap on the wrist offense at most. Nobody can tell from a still picture who caused damage, but most people's first reaction is to be as harsh as possible.

Criminal damage under £1000 is a slap on the wrist. As an ex-magistrate who has posted in this thread has said, over that amount, it becomes a Crown Court offence. The penalties are laid out in law, which has been passed by parliament. Nobody is calling for anything. Those are the penalties.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The generational ‘holier than thou’ attitudes on this thread are laughable. You’d have thought this sort of thing just didn’t happen prior to the existence of these damned millenial snowflakes! :tantrum:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The generational ‘holier than thou’ attitudes on this thread are laughable. You’d have thought this sort of thing just didn’t happen prior to the existence of these damned millenial snowflakes! :tantrum:

It was a bad thing to do in the 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond. Do we ignore it because the youngsters now are millenials?

The driver of that Rapid Response car was actually on a call.

Wasn't there a thread about a selfish woman leaving a nasty note on the windscreen of an ambulance of call, because it blocked her drive? She fot a slap on the wrist, an Asbo and a fine.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Why? Did you think it was amusing? These utter utter cretinous morons were an embarrassment to the country in the 70s and still are now. If that makes me holier than thou and a snowflake then so be it but cockwombles like these do my head in.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It was a bad thing to do in the 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond. Do we ignore it because the youngsters now are millenials?

The driver of that Rapid Response car was actually on a call.

Wasn't there a thread about a selfish woman leaving a nasty note on the windscreen of an ambulance of call, because it blocked her drive? She fot a slap on the wrist, an Asbo and a fine.

I’m not saying what the girl did wasn’t wrong. I’m merely exasperated with the generational holier than thou attitudes of some posters. Plus the body shaming by some is frankly petty and childish.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Why? Did you think it was amusing? These utter utter cretinous morons were an embarrassment to the country in the 70s and still are now. If that makes me holier than thou and a snowflake then so be it but cockwombles like these do my head in.

Did I say I was amused? ??? No. Did I say what they did was ok? ??? No. It’s more exasperation at the notion that ‘this never happened in my day’ that some pedal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not saying what the girl did wasn’t wrong. I’m merely exasperated with the generational holier than thou attitudes of some posters. Plus the body shaming by some is frankly petty and childish.

I agree the sexist body shaming is wrong.

el punal

Did I say I was amused? ??? No. Did I say what they did was ok? ??? No. It’s more exasperation at the notion that ‘this never happened in my day’ that some pedal.

You’re right, it’s always happened. Tw*ttish behaviour has been around since time immemorial. Just the description has changed. If you were of the privileged classes it would be called high jinx, if you weren’t it would be loutish behaviour. The real difference now is that any episode of this kind is captured on phone cameras and posted on social media. Ha!Ha! All a good larf, innit? Until, that is, the tw*ts responsible are recognised by friends, family, employers and eventually the Old Bill and then get their just desserts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What would be suitable retribution for this old rat bag?
4939b8de26fd452f8c841a2929beb0cc.jpg

Brainless Love Island Generation twats.

Disappointing to see Andy Murray in among them on far right of photo :ohmy:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It was 28 years ago, I remember a huge sense of disappointment and melancholy, I honestly did not see any vandalism other than a few beer glasses thrown.

A Russian student was stabbed in a Portslade park that evening because some ice cream thought he was German. Very sad.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Look at all the non sinners on this board. No one done anything bad when drunk and over excited ? It’s nothing to be proud of and Im sure they will feel some remorse later on. But all this name and shame by people who have never made a mistake is pathetic.

I am sure that anyone waiting for an ambulance would back you all the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here