Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok. This is coming down to being able to read.

The OP that I replied to said that the "golden generation" teams would have beaten the same teams that we've played this year. And would have put his house on it.

I was just pointing out that they didn't.

As for Sven, he played a rigid 442 and picked basically the same team every time. We were found out in 2002 when playing against 10 men and he didn't have a clue how to make a difference. He was crap.
    And, to add, a piss-taking psychopath chancer, for whom anything to grab should be grabbed. Stole a living. I work with people like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Seeing as that German team was shit and their performance in that game and the ensuing tournament was the catalyst for them totally overhauling their national team setup, yes we probably would be capable of a result like that. Why not?

But that's a totally irrelevant argument anyway. Flawed logic? You seem to be a master of that. Well that and not actually reading what someone has written.

I'm not going to repeat myself again as it's boring but I was originally replying to a very simple statement with a fact. That was all.
      Actually, both teams managed to qualify after that famous result. Germany ended up getting to yet another final, but losing. England? well we all know our recent world cup history.

0 Not allowed!
      Seeing as that German team was shit and their performance in that game and the ensuing tournament was the catalyst for them totally overhauling their national team setup, yes we probably would be capable of a result like that. Why not?

But that's a totally irrelevant argument anyway. Flawed logic? You seem to be a master of that. Well that and not actually reading what someone has written.

I'm not going to repeat myself again as it's boring but I was originally replying to a very simple statement with a fact. That was all.
      A shit German team that got to the final!! As I said, flawed logic.

Reading isn't the problem. You can't compare the quality of a teams based on the countries they have played in different eras.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      Actually, both teams managed to qualify after that famous result. Germany ended up getting to yet another final, but losing. England? well we all know our recent world cup history.
      I know. And they played Saudi Arabia, Ireland, Cameroon, Paraguay, USA and South Korea to get to that final. You win nothing with ****z.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      A shit German team that got to the final!! As I said, flawed logic.

Reading isn't the problem. You can't compare the quality of a teams based on the countries they have played in different eras.
      I'm not comparing them FFS. Please re-read the thread.

0 Not allowed!
      My point was that you said that you'd put your house on that team despatching the teams that this current England team has beaten. Fact is that they didn't, they couldn't beat Sweden, plus in 2010 they couldn't beat worse teams than those we've beaten this year.

Sven reckons the 2002 team was in no way ready to win the World Cup. Not that I agree with him, that was a very good side.

I still rate the 98 squad as the best we had in my memory, and it would have been even better if the moron in charge had picked Gazza. With a bit of luck and a better manager we would have had a serious chance.

What I don't like is all this "we've just been lucky with who we've played" crap. To win a tournament you need a bit of luck. How many times have we been really unlucky? Loads. You also have to BEAT the "lesser" teams that you play. Something that previous England teams were generally incapable of.

Oh and the comments about "Croatia etc beat Argentina". So what? Argentina were ****ing shit.
      The Golden Generation that couldn't win a group consisting of Algeria, Slovenia and USA in 2010 you mean?

Or the same one that couldn't beat Sweden in 2006 having scraped past the mighty Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago?

You'd have lost your house.
      I'm not comparing them FFS. Please re-read the thread.
      So someone expresses an opinion that the 'golden' generation, had they played in this world cup, would have beaten the same teams that Southgate's team have. ie. an opinion. Yes it's a fact that the golden generation didn't beat them because they never played them. You merely said they didn't and referred the fact they didn't beat Sweden in a different era!!! I would suggest most people would infer from what you stated that you were comparing the teams based on the simple fact Southgate's team beat 2018 Sweden and Sven's team couldn't beat the 2002 or 2006 Swedes! If that's not what you meant when you wrote Fact is that they didn't, they couldn't beat Sweden, plus in 2010 they couldn't beat worse teams than those we've beaten this year. then perhaps you could make it clearer!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      So someone expresses an opinion that the 'golden' generation, had they played in this world cup, would have beaten the same teams that Southgate's team have. ie. an opinion. Yes it's a fact that the golden generation didn't beat them because they never played them. You merely said they didn't and referred the fact they didn't beat Sweden in a different era!!! I would suggest most people would infer from what you stated that you were comparing the teams based on the simple fact Southgate's team beat 2018 Sweden and Sven's team couldn't beat the 2002 or 2006 Swedes! If that's not what you meant when you wrote Fact is that they didn't, they couldn't beat Sweden, plus in 2010 they couldn't beat worse teams than those we've beaten this year. then perhaps you could make it clearer!
      I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you're Scottish.

0 Not allowed!
      You're avoiding the question now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by casbom View Post
      What crap! Do people really donít get what Sterling brings to the team? His running off the ball as well as when he had it caused the Swedes all sorts of problems! Yes he isnít a natural striker but he helps create space and chances for others.
      In your opinion, which it seems is undoubtedly correct.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      In your opinion, which it seems is undoubtedly correct.
      There is of course the argument that Rashford can do that plus he scores goals!! (That's just my opinion)