Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC QF4 Russia v Croatia

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Croatia, part of the former Soviet controlled Eastern Bloc, beat Russia. Is that wise, do you think? Invasion this year or next?................................

...............................or were the practice runs in Wiltshire just to prepare for this eventuality?

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Perfect......Croatia but knackered.

Putin and the Russian Mafia would never allow England to beat Russia in Moscow - this is perfect for us.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Croatia deserve to be their on merit. Tough game coming up.

Not sure why we should be fearful of Croatia to be honest.

Denmark took them to pens and would have even beaten them had they had any quality at all in the final third. They haven't looked like world beaters tonight against a spirited Russia.

On balance, I'm very happy with how things have panned out today. The way this tournament has gone, I'm pleased we'll be playing Croatia rather than Russia funnily enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As far as I’m concerned that’s the perfect outcome. Croatia start after us & play longer. The Russian Bear doesn’t have home advantage. One game against fairly equivalent opponents to make some history. Game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As far as I’m concerned that’s the perfect outcome. Croatia start after us & play longer. The Russian Bear doesn’t have home advantage. One game against fairly equivalent opponents to make some history. Game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until you remember that we face France or Belgium from the other side of the draw !

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
France and Belgium is so big - and will be so mega and they might just bash eachother up and drain eachother - and the winner may have little left to give in the final.

These are the two best footballing teams - and they are close rivals.......the winner may be dead on their feet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the cards are scrubbed, but any injuries won't be.

Thought cards got wiped after the QF games?

France and Belgium is so big - and will be so mega and they might just bash eachother up and drain eachother - and the winner may have little left to give in the final.

These are the two best footballing teams - and they are close rivals.......the winner may be dead on their feet.
But Croatia and us will also give everything and should be equally knackered - except Belgium/France get an extra day's rest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Croatia, part of the former Soviet controlled Eastern Bloc, beat Russia. Is that wise, do you think? Invasion this year or next?................................

That'll be a different Croatia to the one that was part of Yugoslavia under Tito, who would have nothing to do with Russia then? :facepalm:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Perfect......Croatia but knackered.

Putin and the Russian Mafia would never allow England to beat Russia in Moscow - this is perfect for us.

In a thread already chocked full of embracing stereotypes and nonsense, this still wins la la looney post of the day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here