Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC QF3 Sweden v England

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Very good, leaving now and I may have to crash at my guitarists place, who lives about twenty paces from the pub !

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Expecting a straightforward England win in this one by a decent margin, maybe three or four. Sweden were dreadful against Switzerland, in particular their main man up front Bjarndoor Berg.

Bjarndoor :lolol:

All I wanted from this tournament was for us to win a knockout match and for the team to make some memories. They've already done both, and, as much of an open goal as this match may seem, I am cautious in my expectations. Currently just enjoying the fact that I am, for the first time in a long time, fully behind the England team. Delighted to be proved wrong by Southgate, who I feared was an abysmal choice of manager. Will be unbelievably happy if they get through today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
England starting lineup unchanged from the Colombia game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love it how almost all the BBC, Talkshite and Sky former mens/womens players, got the first 11 wrong.

Intimating Alli's demotion to the bench on fitness grounds, plus Rose to replace Young.

They knew no more than us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I haven't been this excited for an England game since...lord knows. Probably Brazil 02. Hope this one ends better against a yellow clad team though...

Agreed. Only just started to get into this world cup. Only watched about 3 matches so far

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Expecting a straightforward England win in this one by a decent margin, maybe three or four. Sweden were dreadful against Switzerland, in particular their main man up front Bjarndoor Berg.

I heard that since 1986 no team has ever won a quater final by more than 1 goal....until France yesterday.
Are you sure?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
please can we stop with the 'it's coming home' shit now. Thanks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
please can we stop with the 'it's coming home' shit now. Thanks.

That's why I've switched channels to F1 qualifying until 3pm.

Bored now also of the BBC praising all things about this Swedish team. Classic 'Corinthian' spirit BBC, devoting so much verbage to the opponents. Other broadcasters and nations would make it footnote, in very patriotic and biased coverage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here