Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta despair at 'us', sometimes:-

[tweet]1015634554944671745[/tweet]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If you don't know a great deal about football, i.e a lot of the general public, he will get criticized massively. But he performed well today despite his finishing and hope Southgate sticks with him.

he has what golfer call "the yips" a total loss of confidence in front of goal which, for one half of a forward pairing at the World Cup finals is a bit of a concern . Surely Ashford deserved 20 minutes at least yesterday imho.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But our squad isnt as good as Germany
But our squad isnt as good as Argentina
But our squad isnt as good as Brazil

Southgate is just a yes man

The whole Southgate transformation is an interesting one, first England manager in my lifetime, in history perhaps that hasn’t had to prove himself with a load of honors or achievements at club level. We’ve actually got an ex-player we saw potential in, trained him, nurtured him, let him work his way up through the youth sections, and we have an English England manager that has galvanized a squad of players - thank the stars FS couldn’t keep his gob shut! GS reminds me a lot of our own CH, his demenor, temperament, respect. Happy days.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just before it disappears off into History, can I say how refreshing it was to watch a WC game with almost no diving and cheating going on. Kane was fouled quite a lot but it wasn't the wrestling match he endured against Panama and Columbia. Also I'll bet the referee enjoyed having two sides who wanted to play football for a change.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sterling is a weird one, absolutely gash in front of goal but integral to this system - he's on the last man stretching them with his pace, if he's not there it means there's no space for the others.

I was thinking about this at work today. He's becoming a bit like the England version of Sam Baldock (15/16 season version). His pace, movement and work rate does a great job pulling defences apart and opening things up for the rest of the team. If he can become Baldock Version 16/17 (at least for the next two games) then he's going to be a huge player for us.

BHA-AlltheWay

Jul 8, 2018
Lads - surely we go into the Croatia game with the same XI? Sterling has to start, he's due a goal and his pace and control is irreplaceable...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was thinking about this at work today. He's becoming a bit like the England version of Sam Baldock (15/16 season version). His pace, movement and work rate does a great job pulling defences apart and opening things up for the rest of the team. If he can become Baldock Version 16/17 (at least for the next two games) then he's going to be a huge player for us.

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here