Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Eastenders tonight

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Wow...landmark piece of television, extraordinary. History will remember this for years to come.

Watch it on catch-up if you didn't see, and drag your teenagers to view it too. This episode was unique in the long history of soaps, you'll be hearing much much more about it on all the news channels and I wouldn't be surprised if mentioned in Parliament. The families involved, producers and the BBC are to be congratulated for a remarkable piece of television.

Right, I have now watched this on your advice, yes it is a powerful piece of TV, I haven't watched EastEnders in years,

maybe you should have given people more of an incite into what the program was dealing with. I don't get why your so surprised about how much derision your thread has received.

The devil is in the detail.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Right, I have now watched this on your advice, yes it is a powerful piece of TV, I haven't watched EastEnders in years,

maybe you should have given people more of an incite into what the program was dealing with. I don't get why your so surprised about how much derision your thread has received.

The devil is in the detail.

Ever heard the term spoiler? Or maybe some people’s sense of entitlement, need to be spoon feed, arse wiped information etc is perhaps the issue here. How hard is it to from the comfort of an armchair, toilet seat etc to discover more about or simply press watch in their oh so precious, time poor, self important lives? Or were they at Chequers sorting out the country’s future? Had a long day ferrying life saving supplies through flooded caves to stranded children? Whatever. It wasn’t an instruction but a recommendation ie people have a choice. But the devil is in the detail? Do me a favour! It’s actually in peoples hand and it’s called a remote control. Oh, and btw “thanks for the awareness Portlock, it was a remarkable piece of television I’d otherwise have missed.Yeah, don’t mention it...” As is par for the course on NSC, within a couple of posts someone is pulling the thread apart no matter what the subject matter or good deed. But that’s the Internet and it’s full tits and knockers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There are some idiots on this thread. Not watched and so have absolutely no idea why tonight’s programme was so remarkable yet think it was another night of Phil falling out with Sharon!....

because you didnt give any indication why it was significant. you liked something on your favorite TV programme, viewed by millions, but considerably more millions dont watch or follow and only know of dreary story average acting and spades of cliches. so dont try taking some high ground when people go :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ever heard the term spoiler? Or maybe some people’s sense of entitlement, need to be spoon feed, arse wiped information etc is perhaps the issue here. How hard is it to from the comfort of an armchair, toilet seat etc to discover more about or simply press watch in their oh so precious, time poor, self important lives? Or were they at Chequers sorting out the country’s future? Had a long day ferrying life saving supplies through flooded caves to stranded children? Whatever. It wasn’t an instruction but a recommendation ie people have a choice. But the devil is in the detail? Do me a favour! It’s actually in peoples hand and it’s called a remote control. Oh, and btw “thanks for the awareness Portlock, it was a remarkable piece of television I’d otherwise have missed.Yeah, don’t mention it...” As is par for the course on NSC, within a couple of posts someone is pulling the thread apart no matter what the subject matter or good deed. But that’s the Internet and it’s full tits and knockers.

Its a shame because you mean well, but you are beginning sound a bit of a tit yourself :shrug:

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is the demographics of Eastender's core audience likely to be knife carrying people?

A lot of shows that have messages tend to only be viewed by people who already share the view of that message.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Watched half and then turned off.
Unfortunately gangs don't watch eastenders so it won't change a thing.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You are taking this far too seriously.
You have probably worked out most on this thread do not watch Eastenders.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Don’t generally watch eastenders but have just watched the ending. Right message and quite moving to a degree. Problem is it doesn’t targets the right people although I’m sure it’s got people talking in all walks of life so maybe it will do something of good and get politicians giving support to Police in targeting gang violence and giving out stronger sentences to those carrying knifes.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
because you didnt give any indication why it was significant. you liked something on your favorite TV programme, viewed by millions, but considerably more millions dont watch or follow and only know of dreary story average acting and spades of cliches. so dont try taking some high ground when people go :shrug:
My favourite programme?! I rarely watch and only saw because it rolled on from the football afterwards and got sucked into. But there you go again, making assumptions. Wrongly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are taking this far too seriously.
You have probably worked out most on this thread do not watch Eastenders.

Eh? I’ve got the right of reply and certainly not letting a few trolls have their way. They must be fed after all. Everyone knows that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Its a shame because you mean well, but you are beginning sound a bit of a tit yourself :shrug:

I set that bait and might known someone would soon be hooked. Consider yourself gutted, filleted and breadcrumbed. In fact you’re so predictable, you’re in the chest freezer by now too.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eastenders like most soaps actually are the problem when it comes to society as it creates nothing but depression and neverending doom and gloom.
Why can't we create up beat positive soaps that actually make people smile?

Pile of shite regardless of this !!!

This.

Lowest common denominator TV, crap actors simply playing themselves and followed by hooked sheep.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't watch soaps but the BBC have mentioned several times this week, they were going to cover knife crime. The storyline was about gang warfare, but as well as the actors in the soap, real families who have lost their youngsters, would appear in the show too.

Two mothers were on BBC Breakfast earlier this week, both having lost their totally innocent sons to knife crime (their stories were shared) and have been campaigning, were explaining why Eastenders had taken this decision.

Instead of sniping, and showing how cool you are, that you don't watch soaps, why don't you find out what the back story is to tonight's episode?

Maybe if the OP had actually told us what it was about instead of giving cryptic messages and telling us we should watch it without actually telling us why, then the responses could have been better, thank you for being the first to actually describe it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Maybe if the OP had actually told us what it was about instead of giving cryptic messages and telling us we should watch it without actually telling us why, then the responses could have been better, thank you for being the first to actually describe it.

You're welcome, and fwiw, I agree with you, which was why I felt I had to explain.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For a program that is famous for sensationalising rape, murder, domestic violence, poverty, organised crime, prostitution and drug abuse in order to boost ratings to now expect praise because they have jumped on the knife crime bandwagon is at best misjudged and at worst, repugnant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here