Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha rejects £120k a week contract

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think he will still play for them this season then next season he will be off and they will plumit like a rock of a cliff.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Fake news im afaid. All the Nigel's tell us he loves the club so why would he turn down a new contract?
Yes they will,just the same as when Dougie was manager and Bolton came sniffing. We were told he was Palace through and through, he loved the club and the fans, he would never leave for a tin pot club like Bolton. The rest is history, but it won't stop them telling us how much Zaha loves the fans and club just before a big
money move

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent. Win/Win for us, either he eventually signs a new contract for more money which eats into their budget and pisses off the rest of the squad or he leaves and they lose their best player. Oh happy day :lolol:

Unless it's bollox.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So, to sum up:
1. He's Palace through and through. Leaving would be a betrayal of everything that makes him the South London deity that he is.
2. He left once before but couldn't hack it at a big club and had to come crawling back to the Barcelona of South Norwood.
3. Who cares?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, to sum up:
1. He's Palace through and through. Leaving would be a betrayal of everything that makes him the South London deity that he is.
2. He left once before but couldn't hack it at a big club and had to come crawling back to the Barcelona of South Norwood.
3. Who cares?
4. Is now holding the club for which he bleeds red 'n' blue to ransom because £120k a week isn't enough money to make him want to stay.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't blame him at all - he's never worth that weekly wage. I suspect he thinks £10k is about right. Nice to see a player think he's not worth that much !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he has any sense (not convinced he does) he’ll leg it to a big team. He has has the ability but does he have the mental strength to go from being a big fish in a small pool to a small fish in a big pool? I doubt it personally, he fecked it up totally the last time he tried it.

Another Matt Le Tissier imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he has any sense (not convinced he does) he’ll leg it to a big team. He has has the ability but does he have the mental strength to go from being a big fish in a small pool to a small fish in a big pool? I doubt it personally, he fecked it up totally the last time he tried it.

Another Matt Le Tissier imo.
....and Matt le Tissier was a bottling nob who blew it at a big club when, exactly?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
....and Matt le Tissier was a bottling nob who blew it at a big club when, exactly?

Err he bottled it by staying at the small club, which is what I reckon Zaha will do. Zaha was an irrelevance at United, should not have even gone there so he didn’t really blow it and was farmed out in double quick time to an even shitter club than Palace before he came back as the Prodigal.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Err he bottled it by staying at the small club

"I loved it down there, I loved the area, fans were brill to me and that were always a big part in my decision not to move anywhere, I felt like I owed Southampton something because I was just a little kid from Guernsey and they took a chance on me and gave me my chance to be a professional footballer which was my dream."

Personally, I wish there were more footballers as good as him that thought like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here