Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool - doh!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't see that it has been mentioned elsewhere but apparently no virgin trains in or out of Euston on the 25th August!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Somebody did post this on the "tickets on sale Tuesday" thread, but its worth a thread on its own so people are aware.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Even if the trains were running would it be possible to get back after a 5.30pm kick off?

Just checked simple answer is no. Last one back from Liverpool to Brighton is 19.04. Last one to get back to Hastings on the same day is 18.34. Game will finish 19.20. No one gives a toss about traveling fans as we well know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Guess all those desperate for tickets last time that didn't get them will be able to go this season instead. I can recommend a cheap serviced apartment with hubcap-protecting secured parking :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Giving this one a miss then

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Why pay for BT Sport. Just read about it in a free newspaper.

Or why bother at all just wait until someone asks you who you "support" and you say Brighton they will reply " oh you lost/won at liverpool. Not a bad result etc"

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I anticipated this a couple of weeks ago. The CL teams Saturday home games will very often be on Saturday evenings on BT.

So we booked a hotel and we’re driving. The Sunday rail service is shocking taking 6+ hours, with several train changes.

el punal

This fixture has proved to be a real pain the arse. First of all I can’t get any notification of advance fare offers because of the flustercuck of the new timetable from May. Secondly, no Virgin Trains out of Euston for the whole of that weekend. Thirdly, Crosscountry Trains are knackered because of engineering work between Birmingham and Coventry, Fourthly, because the kick off time is now 5.30 I won’t be able to use the Flybe service from Manchester to Southampton.

All in all I think someone in Premier League Ivory Towers hates us. :rant:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looking like Southampton might be first away game, will see where I sit in the loyalty point scheme before I decide

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here